Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

black vs. white

Started by Riah [1874211] on in Graveyard.

211 replies · 1.02k views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 212 / 212 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

MachineGunSteve [184119]

To be fair, the post is about "black vs. white"... I was responding to, LSD's crap post, and then you and I went down this other path... and well, that is how these conversations go from time to time.

There certainly is an big racial element here, but I for one don't buy into that being the core issue, nor is it even the most important issue here, though some will certainly try to make it the core issue.
-El- [463504]

Remove the stick from your ass. I quoted MLK. Get the f**k over it.

The rookie cop that shot the 12 year old was caught on surveillance video and the prosecutors will present the case to a grand jury. So what's the problem? He's done. Finit-o.

I read the transcripts from the grand jury about Wilson, and sorry to bust your white privileged bubble, but look how long it took for all of this to occur? What some of you subtle racist morons failed to find out is, that town has a history of racism. Let me guess: you think I'm making this up eh? They pulled over an innocent black dude years earlier, violated his civil rights, beat the f**k out of him...THEN had the balls to charge him with (get this lol) bleeding on their uniforms. And guess what? The man was innocent. Now as far as the rioting & looting, that was totally f**king stupid. So...know what the f**k you're talking about & try harder coming at me with your bullshit. And yes, cops have a decades long history of f**king with black men in the U.S.. Specifically, white cops. The list for the incidents is QUITE long.
Mat-Senpai [952164]

i don't think we're debating if it is a race or isn't a race issue, i'd agree that it is - my original post was talking about how it shouldn't be a race issue, the reasons why i personally think it is a race issue (media inflammation most).
Thief [206758]

Lol the video showing the shooting on the 12 year old kid clearly shows him pulling out what looks exactly like a gun so guess what your gonna get shot.

Now clearly you cannot read all the evidence in the case all of it points to self defense. Well except for a few lying witness accounts that have changed many times been a big contradiction and hold no merit. you think all the forensic evidence is a bunch of lies right you think the video of this criminal robbing a store are fake right. Simply put your an idiot if you believe that. BTW did the cops get charged with anything in the beating of that man??? did it ever occur that maybe these criminal thugs are lying. I mean clearly they cannot be trusted look what they do to their own towns. Burning them down the step father screaming burn this bitch down on the news. You got grown men throwing and hitting women with rocks an officer shot near where brown lived and body found near his house this morning. These people are animals they act like animals they should be treated the same way.

EDIT: btw that man beated was beaten by a cop named Kim Tihen an Asain Women... but clearly its a white male cops fault.

oh yea shes now a city councilwomen in guess where ferguson... so the accusations must have had alot of merit.
Riah [1874211]

maybe i should change the title of the thread, now that i've succeeded in generating a conversation.

when i look at a person, i see agasp!person. they could be green and have tits on their head and a penis protruding from their throat and i wouldn't notice .. okay, so maybe i would think "alien" but that's beside the point. i like to look at the picture as a whole.

this morning they aired the footage of michael brown's stepdad saying "we're going to burn this bitch down" or something along those lines. his pants were sagging, he was cursing excessively. i covered my ears at one point just because i could and it was ..

it was like someone had given me strong prescription lens to wear. i saw the situation differently without the noise contorting things. i saw grief, i saw anger. the scene was just steeped in devastation and loss. it made my heart hurt, honestly.

so at this point, i have no opinion on the matter other than it could've been handled better and there are serious communication issues in that community.



-El- [463504]

lol wtf? I brought up about the 12 year old getting shot. I answered you. Period. Did you actually think you had a "got cha" moment? That cop's done. Did you actually have a point to make with that or no lol?

And...Mike Brown robbed a store before the incident. OK..so.....lol? I don't condone that. Did you think I would lol? I stole some comics from a comic shop when I was a teen. I deserved jail time or probation...not murder. What's your point little dude? Wilson had no knowledge of that event. He only wanted Mike & his boy to get on the sidewalk. So, whether he stole a pack of M&Ms or a pack of cigars what you're saying has no merit. You and everyone else found this out to justify Wilson's dumb ass for killing the kid. That's how a smear campaign works. Did it ever occur to you that the cops are capable of lying? I just gave you an example in the last post about the corruption there and JUST today found out the laws about cops there are seriously laxed when it comes to police violence. Based on your logic, should I think all white people are stupid as f**k and should be treated as such? That would decrease the decades long friendships I have...and I JUST can't do that. See how that works? Now, continue debating/arguing/whatever the f**k about how those "animals should be treated as such". You're only adding to the problem.

BTW: A cop shot Oscar Grant in his back...thinking it was a stun gun? lol This kid was laying on his stomach handcuffed. But no...it isn't his fault. Not the white cop's fault at all.
Thief [206758]

is this the same situation as oscar grant. and him having a criminal record and committing criminal acts right before is important.
this kid acted like a criminal he assulted a cop he charged a cop and he got shot, and that what he deserved. Anyone who does the same thing deserves to be shot. He wasnt shot for stealing he was shot because he attacked a cop and he deserved to be!!! And you wanna talk about smear campiagn are you kidding me the media and the people have been calling for Darren Wilsons head the entire time that was a smear campaign. But now that the truth comes out no no it was set up against poor little mike brown the entire time. You say im adding to the problem but im not burning down buildings or looting am I, I am not out in the streets attacking people or attacking cops and lighting cars on fire. That is the damn problem.
Cyrax [249578]

It's sad how it gets to the point where folks have to burn their own town down to try and send a message to authorities.

Unfortunately the response will likely be harsh and violent which will only incite the situation.
Thief [206758]

they are not sending a message though and if they would do a little research they could clearly see the brown was in the wrong they are just hurting themselves and their community, all because they want to steal loot riot and pillage.
buffoon [856059]

"Cops today need to be taught how to aim a firearm in such a manner that they can incapacitate a criminal who is unarmed... but then most cops are just taught to shoot to kill these days to avoid lawsuits."

this part of your post MGsteve i think differently on... if the cop feels threatened he should shoot to kill... he is putting his life in danger for a crap wage.. the cop can never know for sure how dangerous the person is they are dealing with.. the rest of this and all your other posts i basically agree with ya.. .
OllieBumble [21801]

To ask the question in such terms has but 2 possible explanations.
Scenario A: blissful ignorance
Scenario B: trolling
I am afraid I cannot see my way clear to give you the benefit of the doubt as per blissful ignorance, hence, a -R.

Race is the core issue here. It may not be the core principle - but it sure is the core issue.
Riots do not occur at random. They occur when agreeing to disagree is no longer an option.
Tolshortte [648554]

so instead of gathering in a peaceful manner, outside a city, state, or federal building and protesting in a manner where their message would seem intelligent, concise, and unified, they burn part of their community down? and some of you (you know who you are) try and explain it away? really?

so there isn't enough money for schools to educate their children, for public transportation to get to work, to repair the failing infrastructure here, pay for effective immigration and health care reform, and the response is do "x" dollars in damage to accomplish less than an unified voice would. bravo!! idiots. even Detroit mounted a peaceful protest ffs. they stated before hand where they would be, what their intentions were, and why they felt it necessary to do AND stressed the IMPORTANCE of a peaceful demonstration. at least some people get it, regardless of what side of the issue they are on.
Thief [206758]

I dont understand why we are allowing these idiots to block traffic in all of these cities on some of the busiest highways. Its like the police are becoming afraid of dealing with them, i guess they are too worried about being branded a racist for trying to make people follow the law.
-El- [463504]

Irony.

Are you the same little dude that called Richard Sherman a thug before the Seattle hit the Superbowl, despite the fact that he's actually intelligent? Why yes, that was you wasn't it?

Who's trying to explain away burning down a community Tolshortte? It's f**king stupid, and no one I know agrees with it. The funny thing is, I went to the peaceful demonstration in NY, and it was pretty damn decent. They've been practically all over the US. But I know, you could care less about that. And it's ok. We think less of folks that think like you too. ALOT less. We know most of you racist losers love seeing black people flip the f**k out, but you're quiet as a mouse when we don't. Well no, not totally true...because when there IS a peaceful demonstration coming, you start barking about Al Sharpton. That's not a coincidence lol. And still, it's ok.
Tolshortte [648554]

its funny you are the one who continues to mention race. not me. yet im the racist? lol get a life. seriously. its you who calls them the 'white' cop, not the cop. the 'white' man, not the man.

if I recall in my post I mentioned the peaceful demonstration here in Detroit, and commented on how they got it right. so where is this love im supposed to have for seeing people flip out over stupidity? did I not point out its needless unintelligent nature?

when I called Sherman a thug, I didn't call him a black thug. you took it as such since you cant see beyond skin tone. you are the racist AND too stupid to realize it. so please, as ive said before, I have no need to deal with the likes of you. when you cant address issues without using the racist card at every turn, you are part of the problem. wake up.
jennaboo [214062]

I live on the edge of Ferguson/Blackjack/Florissant. Yes, all 3, those who live here can verify. 2 businesses were burned at the end of my street. This is MY HOME you are all seeing being burned to the ground. The places I shop at, the streets I drive through ... a lot of my friends and family live inside Ferguson limits.

Everyone has an opinion about whats going on here, so I'll spare you mine. All I ask is if you believe in the Lord, PLEASE PRAY for those of us who simply live here. I'm not out there rioting, looting, burning. I'm at home watching just like you, only I'm praying for peace. Do you know how bad it hurts to see your hometown on fire? How heartbreaking it is when your neighbor cant go to work cause it no longer exists?

I love my home, my city, my town, and my people. I hate the images you all are seeing on the news. St. Louis is not what you see on tv. Don't judge us all by the standard shown. (Not that you should be judging AT ALL)

#unite #stlproud #northcountygirl #ferguson #spreadlovenothate