Hi I am a Class E Racer and I have a Honda Civic with the Maximum upgrades that a Class E driver can buy (14 Upgrades).
But the Class E records are way better than mine. The Class E records are much closer the the global records.
[image: s2.postimg.org]Is there something that I'm missing when I do racing?
you spend 14 upgrades. The other cars you see are probably fully upgrade with 311+ points (max possible with all 53 different upgrades added). Probably A class drivers that updates a lower end car to try and reach the hall of fame.
I would advice against spending this much upgrades on an E class car. Save up as many upgrades as you can to avoidbeing stuck too long while you advance to the D, C, B and eventually A class cars. The more you save, the more you can upgrade your car when you level to a better rank and the easier you get to win races after upgrading classes. So yea, try not spending it all!
As Chaos said, save your points for the higher classes. Don't spend any until Class C or Class B so you can upgrade in Class A to have a chance. Those drivers that have records also have better driver skill which helps.
I'm on class B and race 2 cars - one tuned for top speed on tarmac, the other tuned for corning and dirt. There's still a fair mix of tracks neither car is perfect for, but it's a good mix to have.
Anyways, I've only spent 83 points on my class B cars and don't plan on spending any more. Saving all my points until I reach class A so I can give those cars a few mods right away.
If it's an A class driver, why would it be on the E class records? or is it the 'E Car' records?
There is some issue there
it will be the class E 'car' records not the class E 'driver' record.
Correct, class A drivers can use a class E car in a class A race for a chance at global records
Class A drivers can also use a fully upgraded class E car in custom races, which is where most (if not all) fastest times appear to come from (ie. in my experience you need a bunch of slow laps to trigger a really fast one and there usually isn't enough laps in an official race to trigger one).
Okay, didnt know that! So most of the global records come from custom races? I knew you can get a personal best from custom races but for some reason I thought global records had to come from official races.... doh!