Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Fishing

Started by TrAsH_FiSh [692571] on in Hobbies & Interests.

93 replies · 662 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 94 / 94 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
94
Discussion span
→
Authority score
12 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
56 / 100
Engagement score
78 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Cyrax [249578] ×2 CatHead [1581564] ×1

Cyrax [249578]

I've got lots of fishing pics but I don't know how to post, would you mind explaining it to a retard?

I go fishing / hunting whenever I can.
TrAsH_FiSh [692571]
Cyrax [249578]I've got lots of fishing pics but I don't know how to post, would you mind explaining it to a retard?

I go fishing / hunting whenever I can.

Top right hand of the page you will see the Gear icon click it!

Select settings

Select imgs

Upload your img

copy the url of the img you uploaded to torn

Come to the thread and respond when you want to add pic click the A at the top right corner of the reply box

Select insert img.

size using the drag option

Click reply

Think thats about the easiest way to do it :P



Mentions: Cyrax [249578]

Cyrax [249578]
[image: s3.amazonaws.com]

Worked it out! yee haaar! didn't notice the "copy image URL" down the bottom.

So what we have here is: Kahawai are the bigger ones at the bottom. They are really good hot smoked with brown sugar and salt.

Next up is trevalley. They are really good any way you do them.

There is also a red snapper there that looks ridiculously undersized, hahaha. Should of thrown that one back. They are also really good any way you cook them.


Also a bottle of Carlsberg beer, one of the best beers.
TrAsH_FiSh [692571]
Cyrax [249578][image: s3.amazonaws.com]

Worked it out! yee haaar! didn't notice the "copy image URL" down the bottom.


So what we have here is: Kahawai are the bigger ones at the bottom. They are really good hot smoked with brown sugar and salt.

Next up is trevalley. They are really good any way you do them.

There is also a red snapper there that looks ridiculously undersized, hahaha. Should of thrown that one back. They are also really good any way you cook them.



Also a bottle of Carlsberg beer, one of the best beers.

Nice!


Mentions: Cyrax [249578]

CatHead [1581564]

I have never properly gone fishing but it's something I would love to do.

How do you start out if you've never done it before? Do you guys have any tips for complete novices.

I'm not even sure about the legality of fishing where I live... A language barrier would separate finding out. Tips would still be good anyway.
Cyrax [249578]

Sure CatHead, were you thinking of primarily fishing landbased or from a boat? This will affect the type of fishing rod and reel you should choose.
Cyrax [249578]
CatHead [1581564]Landbased, I'd guess. There are a few rivers and lakes around me. Most of them are quite polluted though.


Sounds like terrible fishing conditions CatHead! I have heard documentaries on the tremendous pollution from industrial sites.

Anyway, best to locate a pollution free fishing area. That might mean travelling. Quite often in fishing that is the case. I would advise saltwater fishing, based upon local knowledge.

Mentions: CatHead [1581564]

Addicted_ [166423]

I don't see polution as a problem,there are polluted places with an abundance of fish.As long as you dont eat the fish you are good to go.I live in Bulgaria where fish is scarce and i had some of best fishing experiences near the nuclear power plant (we have only one NPP).
Cyrax [249578]

Fair enough, I like to eat the fish that I catch though, kind of the point of fishing for me. But as long as you are enjoying yourself by all means.
TrAsH_FiSh [692571]

I wrote out the steps to post your pics in my second or so post please follow the directions step by step. If you still have difficulty just Upload them to torn and I will post them for you here.

Advice for novice fishermen.

As for novice fishing and tips. The most important thing to do is get out there and fish! Fresh water saltwater whenever it really doesn't matter. Sure there are methods that are different but bottom fishing is the best option in either type of waters. Get a slip sinker put your line through it and then a tie a leader onto the end of the line so the fish can pull the baited hook and not the sinker. Remember the idea is to set the hook not to rip the hook out of the fishes mouth!

You can google fishing knots and rigs and get some excellent tips for making rigs! Worms crickets grasshoppers and such work for fresh water while shrimp cut fish or cut bait works well for salt water. Remember to ask people that are fishing around you for advice most fishermen/women will help no problem and there is no such thing as a stupid question! Just remember winter is not the best time to fish for most species so you may have better luck in warmer weather. My best luck has been when the water was 75 degree's. But for cold species (Stripped Bass) the colder the water the better.
ConmanTrump [443688]

I like to catch and release! :D
(Im not saying anything about keeping you're catch though)
Good job everyone! Looks like some tasty fish!
roguebandit [1698021]

nice pics. i love to net fishing, and trap fishing in the mangrooves. and crab hunting too. i miss bow fishing though and im scared of spear fishing due to jelly fish stings. last time i got stung by a jellyfish i make a pact to myself to not spearfish anymore