Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Karma spoiler

Started by Robb-Stark [1075937] on in Graveyard.

126 replies · 1.46k views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 127 / 127 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Jai [918327]

I choose to not research on what the benefits we do not know yet are.

Because I am not that driven and am lazy. Not because I wanna be surprised or anything

Not that I will ever reach 1000 karma


But i personally believe that the rewards given are good , it encourages ( or should encourage ) good forum posting and activity.
McDallas [14757]

This thread turned out kinda funny!

And now I also keep hearing the "oh oh" when you'd get messages on ICQ. Ah nostalgia.

I want 1000karma. I've been such a good girl this year ;)
Butters [34298]

I do sometimes, but not when she's dishing out the vitriol.

Gave up trying to talk her down when that happens a long time ago - you can only bang your head against a brick wall so much before it starts to bleed.

I don't have anything against her personally and just judge each post I read on its merits - unfortunately I tend to skip a lot of them nowadays as they're often head-shakers and not even worth reading (which is a shame because when that angst is kept in check she has some good ideas and things to say)... :o
RichardV [1103695]

Bohoo. Its not a contractual agreement, you cant stop people from not say anything. Thinking otherwise is foolish.

THERE IS NO NDA.
ColdDeadFingers [1043426]

To me giving rewards for karma isn't a good thing because as soon as they did it karma score became something to aim for and be bought.I aren't saying those who are past 1k already or close to it have bought theirs because most of you are prolific posters that keep the forums alive and deserve your score.Some are very knowledgeable about the game and offer a lot of help to others.Some get involved in spats with each other and post stuff that genuinely makes me lol,others are just generally very funny.I read more than i post myself and i have had chance to be involved with a pat yourself on the back group but i prefer to just rate up things i like.It's a very rare day i downrate something even if i disagree with it and if it takes me 5,10 years to get to 1k or i never make it there,if i do i'd like to think i made it naturally.
Hermit [997432]

I want 1k Karma Not for #1 but for #3 instead ill take auto collecting my items as a blessing saves me bloody time shifting through the Pixel streets of Torn.

Rob-Strak = The whistle blower (Winter is coming buddy)
kILLIAN- [1310389]

Without the rewards for karma, i think the forums would be a far more interesting place.

The fact we have rewards people feel the need to comment on every single thread in hopes they will get rated up!
McDallas [14757]

Idk I think they did that before already. Same with the "in before grave" posts. People have been posting shit forever. Simply for the sake of posting.

Does anyone else think we're more civilised with each other since karma came into play? Or have I just been smart enough to stay out of the non-TC related forums?

I think the trolling has definitely changed. People seem to try to give a decent answer more often. but could just be perception and staying out of shit more.