What would you experienced players do differently?
If you started again
Started by Kritical_Risk [1874539] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 47 / 47 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 47
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 58 / 100
- Historical score
- 26 / 100
- Story score
- 57 / 100
- Engagement score
- 69 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Sathanis [286]
· 8 likes ·
I really wouldn't. I built this account without relying on guides. If you restart the account, then it pretty much means that you can't face the challenge of the game. - IceBlueFire [776] Officer
· 7 likes ·
I wouldn't restart. I don't really see the point. People say they want "better stats", yet they're willing to throw away all the stats they've already earned...why? You have a head start by continuing to play your current account...if you … - Kritical_Risk [1874539]
· 2 likes ·
Don't shoot me but What are DPs and PIs?
Mentioned in this thread
Kritical_Risk [1874539] ×1
What would you experienced players do differently?
Level hold at about 19.
This is more GD than an actual Question, moved.
I would never start again,
It would take me right out of HOF warring which is undoubtedly my favorite thing about this game!
Get my stats up more and better, especially in the beginning. My first 200 or so days were pretty shite in regards of training.
Follow these guides;
http://www.torn.com/forums.php?p=threads&f=61&t=15925668&b=0&a=0
http://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=13&t=15925649&b=0&a=0
Talking about a 'headstart' ;)
Mentions: New Players' Live Guide: Money + Stats
Cheers POLI, Thats awesome!
Escape while I still could. xD
Never seen the point to starting again.
A bit like getting to the second to last page of a book and deciding to re-read it.
ive been forced to restart a few times overall theres not much you trualy change stats are stats and moneys money gotta make em both i tried to be nicer and behave but it was f**king boring!
I really wouldn't. I built this account without relying on guides. If you restart the account, then it pretty much means that you can't face the challenge of the game.
well said...like playing a video game, but knowing all the tricks and secrets before even starting
Play the game as the first person in torn did :) That is gain your money from scratch (jobs, crimes, etc...) instead of friends helping you out
If I started again, I'd marry Robb-Stark, have his babies, and then eat them!
I had no choice to start over when the big "crash" happened. I am kinda glad I was deleted, my mentor picked me up and showed me the ropes to the game. Everything from training, running a top faction and dealing with jerks.
I would have bred more dogs and made more money. 80+ was not enough.
I wouldn't restart. I don't really see the point. People say they want "better stats", yet they're willing to throw away all the stats they've already earned...why? You have a head start by continuing to play your current account...if you want better stats, up your game and work towards it. Anything you could "do better" on a new account, you can already "do better" on your current account...just without starting from nothing.
I agree with it being more fun playing the game for yourself, but its still really interesting to hear different techniques used. I cant help using some of the advice though!
Would it be possible to run a sort of "Apprentice" scheme or has this been done before?
*I say scheme but mean competition of sorts
You mean a new player mentor group? It has been suggested. The trolls tanked the score so it wont ever make it to Ched's to do table.
Or a way to scam noobs?
Yea, or a Fight Club/Apprentice competition. Like you've got to earn The Apprentice title. First rule of Torn club....