49 replies · 931 views · thread synced · 6 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:50 / 50 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
50
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
40 / 100
Story score
58 / 100
Engagement score
71 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
Rekker[1761]
· 2 likes · Someone claimed $250 a little while ago
bogie[148747]Admin
· 1 likes · You might be surprised how much it adds up, I'd recommend going through your paypal records to double check xP
So first of all, what happened to the blue names for donators? Why did Ched decide to remove them?
And secondly, why do suddenly so many people have blue names in their Honor Bar. Did somebody figure out the secret or did just more people by chance get it? A while back it was rare to see anybody with a blue name in their honor bar, but now they are everywhere...
Sorry, i should have made it clear. Im talking about different blue names. Before you had your name blue on your profile or in the forums while you had donator status. That now got removed by Ched.
And the blue name that players like Makod have is the one im talking about in my second question?
But I don't recall anyone claiming to have it who have not donated at all. It was actually the only thing that they had in common which nobody dis-proved. (Some of them did lie about not donating, and many have confessed doing so later on) The amount of donation is what is still kind of controversial, but it is widely accepted that it's over 600$ in total I think and usually they get it after one big donation like ( +200$ ? ).
It is true that donators used to have their names (the one by their ID) in blue in forum posts (and on profiles I think). This appears to have gone away with RESPO. We'll just have to make do with the subscriber X now.
As for the honor bar, just look at all the threads about that one already. It hasn't been confirmed officially either way, but the leading guess is still how much you've donated.
The new forums seem to be streamlined in comparison with the old forums and I'm sure someone just made the decision that the blue names looked messy or something. I doubt there was a deeper meaning behind it than that.
My partner and I who have both received the blue names... we are both donators (obviously, we are subscribers...). He asked if at any time have I ever had all gains in the HOF. For me, I don't really give two shits about the HOF and only check it when someone asks something about it so I wouldn't really have any clue... but atm I do have all gains bar one... I only got this blue name a couple of days ago but my partner had it for around a month or so... so in that time I could have gone down in the one category which I think is rank. My partner thinks it might have something to do with this... I have no idea. We have no idea how much we've donated all up... but my partners guess is a couple 100... Definitely not into the 1000s as some people have.
That makes sense. Having the higher limit may have demonised some players that maybe felt embarrassed to have donated so much or that maybe got abuse for spending so much. Having a lower limit is a nice small reward for helping the game.