Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)

Started by M_Mike [1707527] Tester on in Bugs & Issues.

280 replies · 10.3k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 281 / 281 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
281
Discussion span
→
Authority score
63 / 100
Historical score
68 / 100
Story score
74 / 100
Engagement score
90 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

MAXWELLHAMMER [1261731] ×1 LimeGreen [1666113] ×1 PurpleFire [2868362] ×1

M_Mike [1707527] Tester

Hello, we have create this thread to inform you about the last updates which were implemented or going to be implemented. If you have any problems with accessibility please post in this thread.

We have updated next pages according to WAI:

Travel:
  • Travel pages
  • "Travel to and from other locations"
  • Rehab page (Switzerland)
  • Hunting page (South Africa)
  • Fortune teller (China)
  • Rehab page (Switzerland), unable to rehab more than one
Shops:
  • Shops pages
  • Shops pages (parcels)
  • Unable to add items to a parcel
  • "Open parcels from the post office"
Bazaar:
  • Bazaar page
  • Bazaar (add items into bazaar)
  • Bazaar (remove items into bazaar)
  • "Set up bazaar"
Mailbox:
  • Mailbox page
  • Send messages
Forum
  • Forum page (create new thread)
  • "Post on forums (can't see others' posts or make one of her own)"
Trade:
  • Trade pages
  • Trade issue (items list)
Item Market:
  • Item Market (add listings)
  • Item Market (view your listings)
Stock Market:
  • Stock Market
  • Stock Market (your portfolio)
Points:
  • Points Building
  • Points Market
Others:
  • Awards page (all tabs)
  • Events page
  • City page (quick links tab)
  • "Equip items"
  • "Go to loan shark"
  • "Use the bank"
  • Ammo page
  • PC/Laptop pages
  • Properties
Also, please feel free to advice which pages should be prioritized for accessibility, or let us know of any other suggestions.

Note: What WAI is?

Thank you.

 

EDIT - fixed spelling error as it cause a bug report (HERE)

RatedR

Mentions: WAI rehub not rehab

Mr_Red [1693261]

I believe that the pages required to play should be prioritized with helpful features like the Hunting page done last, that way Torns quickly accessible without too much of a disadvantage to those that need it.
Raiyvin [1585789]

In the area to change the amount for weapons for defending it's not accessible as of now.
Also in the war list seems as though everything shows up except for the percentage s for the factions warring. This would be a nice thing to be able to
see again,
thanks
Raiyvin [1585789]

Thanks,
thing is I do have an accessibilty issue and can't hover using a keyboard.
If somebody can tell me how to do this with a screenreader definitly would be appreciated.


SurgeonGeneral [360740]

In my company forum, I can't create a new thread. Using Windows 7, Firefox. Icon/link is not present.

On my phone, Android... the "Travel Home" from a country is at the bottom of the list, having to scroll down the screen to select it from the drop down menu. (This one is more of a nuisance)
diggers [1850170]

Unable to access travel, shops, bank through quick links. Currently only playing off an IPhone and the page seems to be frozen on the city map.


Also have lost access to all chats.
Raiyvin [1585789]

Not able to buy any items in the item market.
Also, for the chat boxes when a private chat is used/sent the only choices accessible are block and report.
Is there a way for you to put a choice of close on this?
Only way I was able to clear private chat boxes was using the block choice


KnifeGirl [1548391]

I have been directed here following a thread created elsewhere.
I fully appreciate the difficulties many people will have from enjoying TORN to the full and do appreciate the efforts to make each page compliant with WAI.
My issue pales into insignificance compared with the issues many others have. I am simply colour-blind. I find different shades of red/green/brown difficult to distinguish and the differences between blue/purple. I have difficulty being able to name some colours simply because they look like something else to me. For instance, buying bright pink earrings for a red-headed friend when she was into grey at the time did not go down too well. :)

Recently, in Torn I find the city map off-putting and feel at a disadvantage at being able to find items.

If I can help developers in any way I'd be pleased to do so.
_I_ [575607]

I'd just like to echo this, I'm also colour blind and just can't find items on the map without extreme difficulty, to the point that I've now just given up.
_I_ [575607]

Even just a better colour and tone differentiation would be a massive help, but yes, larger might be an idea, too.
Raiyvin [1585789]

Thanks so much for getting the percentages of wars showing up again as well as the other things working now since respo.
Wondering if anything is being worked on for those of us who use a screenreader/keyboard to be able to get city finds???
We're completely out of luck to have the opportunity to find special items or any items at all, merits we've used on awareness are totally useless for us as prior to respo they weren't useless, history classes are as well useless and the weeks taking the classes could have been time used on taking other education which would have benefited us...
I've been asked from others in the same predicument as I am about the map and city finds.
Thanks


Raiyvin [1585789]

In the casino prior to respo the only games not accessible to a screenreader were poker and chess...
Slot's were accessible if you logged onto the mobile link only.
All of the other games were accessible.
Now slot's, craps, and roulette are inaccessible and russian roulette is half accessible...
In russian roulette can something be done to join a game which has been started by somebody else on torn?
A game can be played but only if it is started by meself so with a screenreader you are able to start a game of Russian roulette but unable to join a game started by somebody else.