Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Past Lives??

Started by JZZ [38465] on in Paranormal.

32 replies · 330 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 33 / 33 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
33
Discussion span
→
Authority score
10 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
51 / 100
Engagement score
68 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

JZZ [38465]

Past Lives is said to be a phenomenon that supposedly a person lives a number of lifetimes and some say they somehow remember it.

For some religions, this questions many beliefs, especially when it is believed that a person lives only once. Also, it is known that some people believe they can "reincarnate" into animal or back into human again, however, the majority of those who supposedly can remember anything, they claim to have been a human before.

What is your opinion? Do you believe Past Lives exist at all? Do you know any stories? If you're a believer, do you remember anything?


Sweeney_Todd [27468]

I believe in old souls, but the only thing we bring from past lives is the knowledge of old friends, explains how some people you just instantly get on with like you have known each other for years... [:sick:]
JZZ [38465]

If that phenomena exist, imagine how troublesome should it be for someone who "remembers" something more. In such cases, the people who remember, would have a very hard time in our society. As humans, we often disagree and deny many things. [:smiley:]
Mojave [605128]

If someone remembers their past lives then nobody would still believe because most of the people don't remember any of that at all.
Miss_Lolly [1904395]

i believe thats what deja vu is....remembering something that happened in a past life

also i believe that the people you meet and are close to our familiar to you from past lifes, how you can meet someone and instantly feel close to them?

have you seen that robin Williams movie "what dreams may come"?
he chooses to go back and live life again with his wife...
he says "i found you in hell, you don't think i can find you again?"

we choose to keep on living...or we choose to stop and be content with what we have done.
xxSLaSHyxx [1908484]

I think so, sometimes I've heard small children say the strangest things that they can't possibly know about... makes you wonder... hmmmmmm
Mouse [520790]

I do believe myself, knowing my tremendous bad luck, I'd probably have been something crap like a shoelace or a woodlouse or something.
JZZ [38465]

Hi there,
There are numerous stories where children speak about things that they technically are not even supposed to know about. That especially freaks out unsuspecting and less open-minded parents. Eventually a kid starts to deny all those "memories", thinking it was just a dream and nothing more, or just their imagination.

If you don't deny past lives theory and communicate with little kids as if they were old individuals with some possibly remaining memories, then you might be surprised. Kids don't know what is normal and what is not... yet.

Regards,
Thrail_Foston [1881665]

I do not believe in a past life, I think it's impossible, I'm VERY sure that memory of somebody who died in 2003 would not transfer into somebody else's memory who was born in 2005, it's just impossible. Possibly in the future scientists may be able to do what they did in Chappie...

***SPOILER ALERT***

... When they converted consciousness into a computer code, then transferred to a new body. In our time though... It can't happen.


Hades [1728299]

Lol What happens when the Earth is swallowed by the sun in a few billions years and all life on the planet will be dead? What or who will you turning into then? XD
Foggy [939739]

Another ****SPOILER ALERT****

We already have that computer code within every cell of our body. It's called DNA, and the science of epigenetics is uncovering more about and discovering behavior may be past on to offspring.. Somewhere I recall reading somewhere that even our memories(experiences as well) may be locked into our DNA. Hence maybe why the Pharisee's believed their offspring is what gave them eternal life....kill a family off and they lose their imortality.The line stops there. Tends to put the Holacaust on a higher plane of significance if the victims held the same beliefs.

If there are any Jews reading this, is it not true you guys believe that Jacob never died. That he is reborn in every generation and waiting to make himself known as the Messiah when needed or the time is right? Not sure about that, or the 36 righteous ones alive at any given time. I must admit the Hebrew religion has some fascinating concepts. I wished I knew more about it, but then again, maybe I know too much about it...lol
672 [1327102]

I believe in past life experiences. If I ever had a past life, I am sure i was eaten by a great white shark. When I was young I used to have so many dreams about just swimming in the middle of the ocean and get attacked.

Heres a story about a boy who remembered his past life. Everything in the story matches up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9u2EpK35PY
kiloWatt [57536]

Seems I was killed in Russia for disobeying my luitenant's orders in the war. Explains why I can't watch war movies.

I didn't see why I needed to kill those swell guys with the other colour outfits. They were fun to hang out with. Now my soul (or whatever it is that transferred to my body) wants me to give Putin and Assad some conscience so that they won't force similar situations onto people living now.