Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Popcorn Time

Started by RasAlGhul [1448500] on in TV & Movies.

12 replies · 71 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
13
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
9
Authority score
8 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
52 / 100

Most-liked replies

RasAlGhul [1448500]

There's an application called Popcorn Time which allows you to stream movies and shows in a Netflix-Like manner. It uses torrents to stream videos. It is fantastic, IMO everybody should download it!
http://popcorn-time.se/
Download Now!
1875860 [1875860]

Your post sounda bit like an advert. Nevertheless it's a great application assuming it's legal in your country. Too bad it isn't in The Netherlands (yes, softdrugs are legal but streaming movies this way isn't).
RasAlGhul [1448500]

LOL. Sorry, I didn't mean it to sound this way.
Yes, I agree it is amazing!
I watch ALL my shows on it. It's better than Netflix!
1875860 [1875860]

Haha, no problem :)
The fact that Hollywood hates it enough to make an effort to ban it internationally speaks volumes. This is going to be a bigger success than Napster!
RasAlGhul [1448500]

'According to sources, in the Netherlands, Popcorn Time has a larger user base than that of Netflix'
Hahaha! No wonder it's banned! :D
JussiJernkuuk [1874922]

I think it's a bad idea to urge everyone to download this. Everyone should think of the possible legal consequences before doing it.

"

The legality of Popcorn Time matched that of all other Bittorrent clients plus the additional issues that applies to sites like the Piratebay and YTS itself, due to the explicit linking to movie content; its website claimed that the software was possibly illegal depending on local laws.[10]

As with other Bittorrent clients, the IP addresses of users can easily be determined by third parties. In early 2015 many German Popcorn Time users received demands for damages of 815 Euros. The high amount was justified by the fact that the application not only downloads but also distributes movies,[11] a fact that not all users were aware of.[12]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popcorn_Time



1875860 [1875860]

There have been legal consequences. Just a few people were targeted to 'set an example'. That's why I'm not using it.

I'll stick to breaking the law exclusively in Torn ;)
Thorthecat [1912281]

Technically its a shady area, its mainly when you download off the app is when it becomes illegal, now I am not say popcorn time is fully legal itself, I use it, it is nice. But is a shady area.