Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Timing Out

Started by Krastinov [1542326] on in General Discussion.

19 replies · 207 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
20
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
38
Authority score
37 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
53 / 100
Engagement score
60 / 100
Krastinov [1542326]

Timing out is being abused imo. Most Players use it to get out of an Attack they might lose. I don't think thats fair. I personally would prefer if Timing out would count as a loss. What is your Oppinion on this ?
Yaz [1575994]

In my opinion and to make it fair for legit time outs, it should be considered as an attempt to run away.
Can end up as a failure, so it would count as a loss and they get in hospital. Or as a success and it would be counted as a run away.

Personally I bounty them for doing it currently, so they can enjoy some losses.
Iquithisgame [1908332]

Timing out should be similar to running away or a loss. But i time out a lot of fights because of some lag so until the lag is gone for good it should not count as a loss
Malfurion [796969]

They're still out their 25E, so it's not a total loss..and frankly, I wish someone would try to use that strategy against me - everyone just beats me down; no need to time out..
PsycWard [1579270]

I think I've done the timeout thing once to see what happened but I try to pick my targets pretty carefully so if I find myself getting beat down in an attack I personally just take the loss and sometimes send them a good job message. I've had a few people attack me and let it timeout but I wasn't mad it's just kind of pathetic.

Edit:Looks like I've done it twice from my logs plus one attack I took 0 damage in so it must have been a legit time out.
DetectorMan [671607]

wow you'd figure after a decade developers could get their shit together and eliminate timeouts. Not like they haven't had enough time to find a solution.
McDallas [14757]

I use it on level holders when i'm mugging abroad. It's effective. At the end of the day we're all chasing wins and we all have our strategies.
PsycWard [1579270]

Ah leveling holding is a trade off, the good is that people under estimate you if they are too lazy to look at your detailed stats the bad is that you don't gain life points. Where is the trade off in attacking someone then letting it time out so you don't lose? I don't think they are comparable personally.
McDallas [14757]

Not that much of a trade off considering the benefits of level holding.

If you think about it. Attacker loses 25 E - You lose nothing. It seems the attacker who times out loses more than you.
PsycWard [1579270]

You would lose a natural defend.
Don't get me wrong I don't care that much and I rarely cry myself to sleep over torn. I just look at some level holders with admiration and I don't see anything admirable about someone sitting there watching a screen so they don't get a loss, that's all.
McDallas [14757]

No one sits there and watches, what a lack of imagination. Normal people go make coffee, check their emails, call their moms. ;)


DezyDeStruktion [899415]

I thought first that a timeout should count as a defend but that would leave it open to abuse so the switching it to a runaway could help but it punished people who have legitimate timeouts. If someone times out nothing is lost or gained by the defending party though so maybe the system would be better off staying as it is.