Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Torn on Wikipedia

Started by VentoFortunato [1886319] on in Suggestions.

8 replies · 56 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
7
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
48 / 100
Historical score
29 / 100
Story score
36 / 100
Engagement score
45 / 100

Most-liked replies

VentoFortunato [1886319]

I read the "Torn" write-up on Wikipedia but noticed that on the link there for "text based games" that it wasn't mentioned. This list, with "Torn" added with links could increase new players. Free advertising like that could be profitable.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

...So edit it in to wikipedia?

Not sure what else you expect to come of this suggestion... Torn doesn't own wikipedia... it's edited by anyone... so if you want this then go right ahead.
VentoFortunato [1886319]

I can't make advertising decisions for Torn and put my own layout and, or artistry on that page. I made the "suggestion" because I believe that the "moderator(s)" read all of them, even if not receiving 100 ups.

Thanks for reading the suggestion, though and continued good luck to you.
VentoFortunato [1886319]

Thanks for your reply, Jussi. Torn has a page on wikipedia and that's what I meant about "advertising". Since they have that page, it wouldn't hurt to have the name on a list of text-only-games. Since I have no idea of what they consider proper in this instance, I don't feel right modding the page, myself.

Good luck to you, DarkLegacy and bogie ...
Jai [918327]

maybe put this up for general discussion, torn players can come with ideas or something.



besides you have every right to do what you want on wikipedia so you can do it yourself
VentoFortunato [1886319]

I agree about wikipedia, Nitro, but I don't know what Torn would like to do about adding it. As Jussi said, above, it may be a "marketing" decision that is up to them, and not me. I thought the Suggestions monitor might be the one to pass the word and make the addition if the that was what the management wanted, but maybe not. Thanks for your reply, though, and good luck to you!
LethalKiss [1801948]

Hey... thats true
You can add your referral link in there. Hahaha

Imagine how many player would sign-up using your referral.
*smiles*... Just kidding.

I wonder how I find torn in the first place?


Edit
@Vento
As a player you doesn't need to worry about torn ads/ marketing or something like that.
Just enjoy your game.