Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Driving Skill

Started by CloudJumper [1636201] on in Suggestions.

220 replies · 1.41k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 221 / 221 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
221
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
65 / 100
Story score
69 / 100
Engagement score
83 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Chedburn [1] ×2

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

I was just thinking about this driving skill and how it affects the racing outcome. Just a small suggestion for consideration, shouldn't driving skill affect the success rate of driving related crimes? (drug transport and GTA)
In drug transport crimes, the outcome indicate how narrowly we escaped getting caught this I think should be at least remotely related to driving skill. Thoughts?

Edit:

Chedburn [1]:

Driver skill can have a small effect on driving related crimes in the new crimes system.

Mentions: Chedburn [1]

Staphylococcus [52696]

I think that it should have a small effect.

There are a few crimes which mention car chases, and I think it would be good if your driver skill helped with the outcome.

High driver skill = higher chance of success
Low driver skill = lower chance of success, and possibly a crash which results in hospitalization.

I have no idea if this would be possible to implement, or how it would work. I just like the sound of it.
OTHELLO [890484]

no affect on crime as those are racing driving skills. different from driving skills needed for getaways, car chases, etc where you have opposing traffic.
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

Shouldn't driver skill be renamed to racing skill or something then?

Edit: Fixed a typo
Staphylococcus [52696]

As there are only 3 official race courses in Torn (these being speedway, stone park and mudpit) and the rest of them are street races, it's pretty safe to assume that most races have other traffic.