Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Baseball Banter

Started by Spikeman [901641] on in Gambling.

163 replies · 1.13k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 164 / 164 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
164
Discussion span
→
Authority score
40 / 100
Historical score
29 / 100
Story score
57 / 100
Engagement score
81 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Spikeman [901641]

Finally got around to making one. Bit overdue but I haven't had much time to dedicate to this until now.

The purpose of this post is to exchange banter, tips, and opinions on games/players for the day/week.

I will be giving my own picks every day or 2 just to contribute. I will only be supplying 3 picks each day I decide to bet though, this is to limit chances of losing money. As well as only taking 3 games a day, I only pick games with multipliers of 1.5 and above.

Looking forward to a successful season
Spikeman [901641]

No kidding! it was an emotional roller coaster, confident when they were up 2-0 and worried when went down 6-2. But I the end they pulled it off, so it's all good.

Also, no picks from me today but one game that looked pretty good was the astros like detectorman said
Dirk [684622]

If i had to chose i would say Pittsburg Pirates & Cardinals. Both teams know how to get on the base. Good hitters!
Spikeman [901641]

Both should be close games.
pirates and twins both look formidable tonight, the pirates stringing together a much better batting lineup while the twins have a much better pitcher on the mound. I have a gut feeling that the mets can edge the Cardinals tonight, Colon is gonna bounce back from last week and get a win if the mets can give him any run support. Both tough games for sure tonight
Homie [709963]

Jays finally beat the Angels. A little upset that torn had them as a favourite when the bet closed as a dog. Either way a wins a win.
Spikeman [901641]

Well, the odds change hourly and I think the bookie staff put the matches in about a day before. At that time, it was very possible that the Jays were Favorited. Sometimes it works in our favor, sometimes it doesn't. Oh well, still a good win