Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

City items spawn rate

Started by MeGusta [814856] on in Bugs & Issues.

12 replies · 212 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
13
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
6
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
34 / 100
Story score
43 / 100
Engagement score
58 / 100

Most-liked replies

MeGusta [814856]

Hello, i am here to complain about the spawn rate of the items in the city . I have 10/10 awareness and the last thing i found, was a flare gun, and has been that way for weeks, and before the flare gun it didnt spawn nothing for weeks . I dont know if thats the way its supposed to work, or if it is a bug.

I know all this because i use the map script, allowed by you.
RatedR [72498]

i just found shrooms, my 1st find in weeks and i have 10/10 awareness as well.

i confirmed similar reports before, but they usually just get closed by ched. i will assign this tho.
LordSam [1900989]

now that it is assigned... let us see the comments!

with your question, we will understand the true essence of AWARENESS and about spending merits in that category.

Thanks for bringing this up to keep us all informed.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

It's random. I don't know how I can fix this without guaranteeing an exact amount of items.

10/10 awareness greatly increases your odds of items appearing, but it's still based on how frequently you visit the city, and even then, a big increase of a very small chance, is still a fairly small chance, which could easily still result in no items appearing.
RatedR [72498]

i cant speak for the op, but i visit the city atleast once per active session. and i still have a really poor spawn-rate.
Jason187 [1808995]

My spawn rate has seemed to be fairly low also with 10/10 awareness, but I have been finding higher quality finds. I still find plenty of junk, but I do seem to get some higher quality items also. I found a can today, a DP about a week ago, still no enhancers, but those are probably extremely rare.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

City finds are fine, simply check the 'City Hall', around 1,200 items being picked up daily. I'm really not sure what else to say.

It's random, you could have every awareness buff there is and not find anything, where as a brand new player could find 3 cesium. Awareness just increases the randomness in your favour, it doesn't guarantee a constant supply of city finds.
MeGusta [814856]

I dont think its worth spending all those merits in awareness. I think would be nice to see who's finding more items, people who invested in awareness, or people with no awareness at all, see if there is a pattern. Or make a poll, to see who is happy with the city finds and who's not.
Cheb [876657] Reporter

i have had the same problem for a couple of weeks after spending 10-15 minutes scouring on max zoom nothing found havent found anything. nthing is spawning on the map at all. i visit city every time i log in.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

You can see yourself that over 1,000 items are being found in the city on a daily basis.

I've tested the system manually just now, and everything is working correctly. Awareness merit increases the chance of finding items by up to 3x.