Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Consider please.

Started by 1445293 [1445293] on in General Discussion.

61 replies · 760 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 62 / 62 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
62
Discussion span
→
Authority score
53 / 100
Historical score
29 / 100
Story score
60 / 100
Engagement score
73 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

1445293 [1445293]

before you read this and say no! Please stay objective

what are some good and some bad points about restarting?
Remilia [1284087]
Good Points:
Easy hard to get, uncommon merits.
Bad reputation is erased.

Bad Points:
No money.
Why restart a game that never has a finish?
McDallas [14757]

The only times I consider restarting a good thing:

- unfixable crappy reputation
- bountied to f**k
- extreme debt after being inactive
- forgot password and email used

Any other reason is stupid. Unless I missed a good one. Ok, the usual reason people do it "bad stats for age" is the absolute worst reason ever!



1445293 [1445293]

I look at these new noobs these days like damn! 500 days in and already 100 mil stats wow how!?
You know and I'm not even close so I kinda wanna be like that... Merits and working stats I can get that easy with time, join a company pay directors to give me 20 daily trains in a month il have 1.5 k manual + regular gains.

As for money I can donate few bucks and make some on bookies or get a referral from someone and ask them to help out.
MaxHeadRoom [1429645]

for some reason, players that go offline are ashamed of that so in their mind its easier to restart


others think they can retstore their rep, problem with that is that usually its because they have been mouthy, and they carry on like that with the new account. Only this time they have nothing and are still gobby,but you cant cure stupid

merits are easy to aquire, all it takes is something called EFFORT, something a lot of players are sadly lacking


McDallas [14757]

Think about it this way. They spend a ton to get those stats! If you spent that same amount on drugs, refills, time invested, happy, research etc etc and didn't spend your e on anything but stats, within no time you'd be in the top percentile of high stats in torn.

Many restarts don't do it right and so you're comparing yourself with a small amount of restarts that used their assets in that way. You'd already be slightly ahead of them from when they started, and have more funds, meaning you could speed up the process quite a bit compared to them.

In addition chances are although they had all that drive in the beginning, they might go inactive, and you have further opportunity to take the lead.

Reset and you're much much farther behind for the goal you mentioned. You can have those mega stats and you'll be much quicker at reaching higher goals starting from where you are rather then going backwards before you move forwards! Just apply the same or similar strategies the very few restarts you're comparing yourself to did!
McDallas [14757]

Haha, that's because I know where you're coming from. I went inactive for a few years and when I came back, drugs had been released and other things had changed or people just knew how to train better, and so I was waaaaay behind my peers. I was embarassed and felt a bit fake being old and weak you know.

But I've set myself goals for my stats and have been pursuing them since my return and I'm getting to a point where I'm doing quite well with faction wars and starting to feel a little proud of my stats. No they're nothing special and I'm still building and learning, but I can hold my own now, and well it gets much easier when you hit the millions and the thought of going back to zero sounds like a nightmare!
dunmugmeh [538353]

There arent any good points to restarting in a never ending game are there?

I have tried talking to some of them and the reasons they give for doing it either sound like gibberish, dont make sense or just sound demented.

DONT do it.
JussiJernkuuk [1874922]

Not even an unrepairable bad reputation would be a good reason to restart. It would be better to embrace that reputation and just be an a*****e. :P
dunmugmeh [538353]

And that is a really gormless reason for restarting. 10 million stats on a 3 year old account is more than 40 stats on a new account. The pea brains dont understand that for some reason.
1445293 [1445293]

I don't have a bad reputation I have no reputation ! Like no matter what I do things go wrong.
But Ye I guess I need to keep at it. Mil by mil I'll have a bil.
Tired of living by the bread crumbs but then again when I restart it will be worse I get it
thank you guys