Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Vaping

Started by Jobby [1640111] on in Hobbies & Interests.

73 replies · 470 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 74 / 74 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
74
Discussion span
→
Authority score
11 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
51 / 100
Engagement score
72 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Jobby [1640111]

Anyone else into vaping? I'm over three months in now....

Started with one of those dodgy 'garage' vapes...moved onto a Mini Protank 3...now my Proper ProTank is on the way :)

Going to start rebuilding coils, have everything ready for action...BUT...was trying to work out my resistance, according to my multi-meter, my 'pre-built' coils are 2.4 ohms instead of the 1.8 they should be
Cleaver [677292]

I've been vaping for nearly 3 years now. As a former smoker, I wasn't sure if it was going to work - but I found that my bank account was a lot healthier, and so am I! No more rattling cough or wheezing. :-)
Johnny_Begood [1278090]

I was on a kanger tech evod 2 for about a year and just upgraded to a iclear 30, and i like it alot. really want to get into drippers but the start up costs are so damn high
-18- [1531198]

I've had one before, I totally quit smoking and went straight onto these, the only problem was I started to get heart palpitations after a few weeks of using it so I stopped and went back onto roll ups and I was fine. I still use it now and then when I'm in my bedroom and can't be bothered going down for a smoke (I hate smoking in the house) so it's not too bad then. The palpatitations were probably nothing to do with using it, probably more to do with stress at the time but since then I've never used it all the time.
Jobby [1640111]

Myself and the gf had chest problems as well...it turned out to be the brand of ejuice we were using. We changed to a slightly more expensive brand and all good now.
Daneel_Olivaw [1736842]

I do not. They taste funny. I also can't use my wife's inhaler, C-PAP machine, or her breathing treatment machine she has that has little cartridges...not sure what it's called.
Shiggles [969438]

I've read some people have had adverse reactions to PG or VG for that matter while vaping. Might want to mix up your ratio, and see how that affects you. Then again, the palpitations sound like more of a direct reaction to your nicotine intake. Do you know the nicotine level of the juice you were vaping? Problem is there isn't a direct science to how much nicotine intake you get per hit. Much like smoking, everybody takes a hit differently, shorter, longer, lung or mouth-to lung, etc.. You take that and add that most regulated Mods allow you to adjust your Voltage or Wattage....it's really anybodys guess how much nicotine intake you get from one hit. So you might want to consider stepping down your nicotine level and see how you feel. Alternatively, you could pig yourself up some zero Nic juice and test if your having a reaction to the PG/VG.
Jobby [1640111]

I was using a spinner 2, but it only lasted a month and wouldn't hold a charge anymore....I use GS batteries now
BIGGUN4HIRE [278682]

I run a Sigelei 150W box mod with either my Airek RDA at .2 ohms or a Vison MK tank. I like a 90% VG juice at 3mg of nicotine. My local vape shop custom blends juices and my fave right now is a graham cracker and strawberry custard. Oh yeah and I've been smoke/chew free for 6 months.
Jobby [1640111]

I'm nearly 5 months now :) ... and congrats on the 6 months!!!!
Are you in the USA?? For Ireland everything seems to be measured per 10mil...so 3mg would be a HUGE amount for me.
belgareth [1877754]

ive been going for about 18 months. mainly use an mvp v2 with aspire nautilous. but do use my old vamo v5 from time to time.
I make my own juice. its so easy once you start.
It's usually pg in eliquid that pegives you ut its pg that ople react to. but this can be sorted by using a higher vg mix.

anyone going to vapefest this year?

http://ukvapefest.com/uk-vapefest-2015-for-dummies/
1523473 [1523473]

24 mg for me normally. Switched to 18 and I find I'm just vaping more. I smoked 16 years. But havnt had a CIG in a year.
1523473 [1523473]

Vision spinner 2 and kangerteck aerotank 2. I usually dial in at 3.8 v 3.2 being the lowest and 4.8 being the highest. 1.5 ohm coils I usually use.
BIGGUN4HIRE [278682]

I found it easier to drop my nicotine levels when I went to a subohm setup. I run my coils at .08 - .2 at 100 - 150W. Anything
higher than 3mg is a harsh vape at those temps.