Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

bug abuse

Started by bullet1982 [954536] on in Graveyard.

7 replies · 110 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
1
Authority score
18 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
44 / 100
Engagement score
47 / 100
bullet1982 [954536]

After reading of recent incidents I wanted to read for myself and clarify what the consequences where for this.

I'm not mentioning names but those involved will know what I'm on about.

Copy and pasted word for word from the player policies.....
  • Game Bug Abuse
Failing to report a fluke/loophole in the game and taking advantage of it is forbidden

Forbidden? But no consequences? I think we all want clarification on this as it appears that recent events have gone unpunished.
Rino_007 [344056]

People have been deleted or fedded due to bug abuse, to speak of them though is not something I would do. This will likely be graved if you truly force the issue.

Edit: A quick mention is the unlimited energy at the gym bug, which I do not know names but I know it happened.
bullet1982 [954536]

I just feel there should be some kind of clarity, there is no reason for staff to grave this as it in no way breaks any forum rules.

The reason I mention it is because as you mentioned, people have been fed for it, and others get away with it! All seems like a grey area which should be black and white.
Noc [1662321]

depends on a number of things ie did they purposely abuse it was it accidental example the gymlink alot of players bookmark / shortcut links to use so if they misclick an old gymlink in there bookmarks it works they train then click home and have full e did they abuse it or step into it unexpectedly (this was common during the unlimited energy gym gains era as it was also lag city)theres always a grey area in games like this as you cannot say they were abusing a system flaw purposefully unless they do it repeatedly

end of the day your innocent untill proven guilty hence why some people are left alone / warned!
JussiJernkuuk [1874922]

I don't think it's possible to make it black and white. If the admins wouldn't have any chance to weigh in different things the results might be unexpected and negative in some cases. It's not possible to have justice in a real sense in a game, its more about the majority of players not losing trust in the admns.