Broadband
Started by Jobby [1640111] on in Technology.
About this thread
Posts archived: 17 / 17 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 17
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 8
- Likes on archived posts
- 4
- Authority score
- 8 / 100
- Historical score
- 11 / 100
- Story score
- 30 / 100
- Engagement score
- 52 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Jobby [1640111]
· 1 likes ·
Come on guys......don't tease me with your speed. I must have the worst broadband in Ireland[:cry:]
Lmao.
Mines not the best but ill share mine tomorrow.
[image: www.speedtest.net]
and I live in the damn countryside xD
Nowhere near Nottingham... that's 3hours from here xD
and I live in the damn countryside xD
Nowhere near Nottingham... that's 3hours from here xD
MIne is similar to this. Ill do mine in a few mins. xD
Come on guys......don't tease me with your speed. I must have the worst broadband in Ireland[:cry:]
Your don't. My girlfriends mother lives up the road from me and has a shit service.
It takes like 3 mins to load a page on torn lol.
She is with Three. They are f**king shite. Do you have yours in on a phone line or is it through a wireless modem like Three and other mobile companies rip people off with?
Mobile USB modems are useless and cost nearly as much as a DSL connection. You can get fiber optic cables in 90% of the country now. If you can get it in your area I would. Even if its not fiber optic. Id still go for a standard line before the shite modems.
I live in Louth. The speed test I took says I used the Dublin server though. Must be the closest one to my house.
What are you supposed to get "up to" according to your ISP package?
Asssuming that's actually a fixed line connection, not mobile- you might consider looking at http://www.samknows.ie/
You can also confirm what service you should be able to get in your location at
What are you supposed to get "up to" according to your ISP package?
Asssuming that's actually a fixed line connection, not mobile- you might consider looking at http://www.samknows.ie/
You can also confirm what service you should be able to get in your location at https://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_mapping
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1368339718
Decent, but Hades' is awesome.
Decent, but Hades' is awesome.
mine is a bit naff today should be nearer 120-152(package is 152_
[image: www.speedtest.net]
http://www.speedtest.net/result/4510376645.png
(^ incase the image breaks again)
I was always with O2, and even though the speeds were not always great, they were consistant. Since three bought them out...its be awefull..we could get fixed line from eircom, but it's tied into an 18 month contract
My nearest server go Plusnet is in London apparently. I live 120 miles away from London though.
Nice down speed. I am supposed to be getting that in the package I am paying for but it always seems to hover around the 50 mark. :(
its usually higher been a bit naff of late, does the job though, if it goes to low just complain and get free shit thats what ii usually do