Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Broadband

Started by Jobby [1640111] on in Technology.

16 replies · 76 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 17 / 17 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
17
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
4
Authority score
8 / 100
Historical score
11 / 100
Story score
30 / 100
Engagement score
52 / 100

Most-liked replies

Hades [1728299]

Your don't. My girlfriends mother lives up the road from me and has a shit service.
It takes like 3 mins to load a page on torn lol.
She is with Three. They are f**king shite. Do you have yours in on a phone line or is it through a wireless modem like Three and other mobile companies rip people off with?
Mobile USB modems are useless and cost nearly as much as a DSL connection. You can get fiber optic cables in 90% of the country now. If you can get it in your area I would. Even if its not fiber optic. Id still go for a standard line before the shite modems.

I live in Louth. The speed test I took says I used the Dublin server though. Must be the closest one to my house.
MegaChintz [1770536]

What are you supposed to get "up to" according to your ISP package?

Asssuming that's actually a fixed line connection, not mobile- you might consider looking at http://www.samknows.ie/

You can also confirm what service you should be able to get in your location at







Jobby [1640111]

I was always with O2, and even though the speeds were not always great, they were consistant. Since three bought them out...its be awefull..we could get fixed line from eircom, but it's tied into an 18 month contract
Hades [1728299]

Nice down speed. I am supposed to be getting that in the package I am paying for but it always seems to hover around the 50 mark. :(
Grif [882958]

its usually higher been a bit naff of late, does the job though, if it goes to low just complain and get free shit thats what ii usually do