Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

respect from attacks

Started by Idol [608267] on in Questions & Answers.

20 replies · 591 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 21 / 21 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
21
Discussion span
→
Authority score
46 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Idol [608267]

hey is there a guide anywhere that explains how much respect you can get from an attack depending on level difference, chain counter, retaliation etc. like a calculator or something or does anyone have any info on this?

thanks
Accurate [1758158]

Or me and Woolis when we were both in Born Fighting.

I plan to figure out a matrix for this when I build my advance warring guide. In the meantime here is some rough general respect info to go by.

Ranked wars:
Are worth more respect per hit.

Respect gain fractions:
Can happen in fractions. It is possible to make say 2 respect from hitting a player for the 12th hit but then only 1 respect by hitting the same player again for the 13th hit. I believe this is because the hits can be worth 1.2 respect for example, but we do not see the decimal places.

Bonus hits are typically worth 10+1, 25+2, 50+2, 75+3, 100+3. That is if your targets are on par or slightly below your level.

Chain hits 1-9:
Typically worth 0 or 1 respect. If your level is high enough over your opponent, you can get a 0 respect increase. If your opponent out levels you you might get 2 respect.

Hits 11-74 or so are usually worth 1-2 respect and hits typically start being worth 3 each around chain 75+.

The largest factor is the level you are and the level you are hitting. For me being a level 50, if I hit say a level 35 on chain hit 90, I'll get 3 respect, but if I hit a level 13 I might only get 2 respect. On the otherhand, if I hit a level 60 I will get 4 respect.

Retaliations can be done for up to 10 mins and can be done multiple times if the target revives or meds out. They are worth 1.5x the last hit they were being retaliated for, but only for the fist retaliation. So if you get 5 respect from a retal and you hit that same player again within 10 mins, you will get 3 or 4 respect. The next hit might be worth less. However, another player from your faction can do the second retal hit for full respect, and a third player can make the 3rd hit for full respect, etc. This is all reset after 10 mins or when that target hosps another of your faction members.


Matrix to come in the future. Hope this helps for now.
Idol [608267]

thanks, looking forward to your guide in the future :). i checked my faction forum and there is nothing im sure if hank had a guide on this he would of put in the guides forum already
Idol [608267]

he said it was 'rough general respect info', he never said it was fact but it seems like a reasonable estimate. If youve got anything better to contribute or if you can tell us what you know is wrong with this info then id appreciate hearing it
pilsner [767572]

Chain hits are never worth 0 unless your hit a faction that you can claim on or if you hit the same target to many times in a row .. Also the first 2 hits in the chain are worth 0 respect
Accurate [1758158]

Sooooo... essentially you don't agree with my statement then give multiple examples of how you do agree with it? Notice I said hits 0-9 are worth 0-1 respect, typically. You outright say the first two hits are worth 0, so tell me again the part of what I said that you feel is made up bullshit?

Both the first and second hits can be worth respect. It depends on the level you are hitting. You can get respect with random hosps from your warbase without starting a chain.

A guy with 50,000 respect should know this.
pilsner [767572]

you will never get 0 respect for a hit


also you only gain respect if there is a chain going not for a single hit in war base..
Butters [34298]

I looked at your figures myself and noted that they weren't consistent with what I've noticed from the occasional warbase hit I've done here and there in my time.

You're somewhat understating the respect you can gain at different points a bit - I'll demonstrate below with a random 10 hit chain (it's rank war so you can halve the gains to see the base respect - all players were offline and no hits done against us for 2+ days prior):

Starting respect: 47,657
After hit 1 (lvl 73 - chain counter = 0): 47,657 - 0 respect
After hit 2 (level 22 - chain counter = 1): 47,658 - 1 respect
After hit 3 (level 41 - chain counter = 2): 47,661 - 3 respect
After hit 4 (level 30 - chain counter = 3): 47,663 - 2 respect
After hit 5 (level 61 - chain counter = 4): 47,666 - 3 respect
After hit 6 (level 45 - chain counter = 5): 47,669 - 3 respect
After hit 7 (level 81 - chain counter = 6): 47,674 - 5 respect
After hit 8 (level 60 - chain counter = 7): 47,678 - 4 respect
After hit 9 (level 60 - chain counter = 8): 47,682 - 4 respect
After hit 10 (level 50 - chain counter = 9): 47,686 - 4 respect
After hit 11 (level 48 - chain counter = 10): 47,699 - 3 + 10 respect

I think you'd find that would be a minimum of 1-2 base respect per hit and 2+ base respect per after the first handful of hits for anyone above lvl 50+ (despite my level being significantly higher) - from what I've seen in my time any warbase hit on a faction above 100 respect is always worth at least 1 respect (you *never* get 0 respect for any hit in a chain - including for the one that starts the chain counter) unless the war has already been won.

Interestingly enough a few random warbase hits I just did as a follow-up (chain timer expired for all 3 hits) earned 3 respect (level 59), 2 respect (level 60) and 2 respect (level 79) respectively - our respect has gone up to 47,706 now.

Random hits outside of a chain never used to give respect, so perhaps there's been a silent update or test being done (maybe as part of warring 2.0 where "timed" chains are supposed a thing of the past), or perhaps there's a bug in the chain calcs where fractions of a respect point are carrying over where they shouldn't be?
Accurate [1758158]

Butters thanks for the test. Hmm, by those numbers the respect gain may be based more on the level being beaten and not the difference between levels. This would explain my varied number expectations as most people I chain with are low stats and sow are beating low level opponents.

As I said these numbers were roughly off the top of my head. I'll begin running tests tonight and developing a matrix based on long-term testing. I'm fairly certain I've gotten respect from single hits for a while now. If respect is level based it will explain a lot. I'll give this a thorough analysis.

Pilsner though I think is drunk. Everything he says is contradictory.

The other thing I forgot to mention about respect is how it is lost (besides dirty bomb.)

For every 4 respect your faction gains on an enemy faction, they lose 1 respect. Bonuses are not counted towards this loss to my understanding, as is the case with retaliations. I am not certain if respect loss happens when a faction gets claimed on.
Butters [34298]

You do indeed lose 25% of the respect earned by an enemy faction that has done a chain hit against someone in your faction (the max base respect from a chain hit is 5 in a non-rank war and 10 in a rank war) and from what I recall retaliations do count but bonus respect does not, nor does the victory claim bonus.
pilsner [767572]

Try hitting 101 to 109 on ranked faction great respect .. Hitting within your lvl is always best .. I really know shit sorry for the rude comment problem was I was not drinking
Accurate [1758158]

Of this I am certain; 100% of the time you can get more respect beating a level 80 than a level 8. The question is at what point level-wise does the respect go up, or what other triggers exist to make it go up. I've been interested in doing a detailed study of this for a while. I guess now is as good of a time as any.
pilsner [767572]

The first hit would be to start a chain. hit 2 witch is hit 1 in a chain is worth 0 respect ? So the first 2 hits in a chain are worth 0 respect ?
Hank [1732212]

I think Butters is on the money here, my assumption has been the same for a few months now. I dont believe the chain count is a factor at all!

To further explain I think the respect gain is done in rounded whole numbers, where a decimal amount is hidden in the background.

lvl 1-20 0-1 respect/hit
lvl 21-40 1-2 respect/hit
lvl 41-60 2-3 respect/hit
lvl 61-80 3-4 respect/hit
lvl 81-100 4-5 respect/hit

Retaliations double the respect gain.

Hank
Accurate [1758158]

Couldn't get much for numbers because some level 70's insist on keeping me in the hospital because they have nothing better to do apparently.

So far from what I've gathered I agree with you Hank, it doesn't seem the chain count has any effect.

Here's the somewhat wacky numbers I got. Chain hit count goes up as the list goes down.

Level / Respect Gain
342
333
322
333
102
443
503
291
413
Hank according to your numbers the 10 should be worth 1 respect but it is worth 2. This might be explained by a decimal round up, but the level 29 being hit and only getting 1 respect even later in the chain is more difficult to explain.

And then these hits done on a ranked war

Level / Respect Gain
445
354
294
304
423
It's difficult to explain going from 29 with 4 points to 30 with 4 points to 42 with 3 points. A decimal rounding couldn't explain the drop after consistancy.

A Few Theories to Explain Anomolies

1. There might be an element of random chance for how much respect you get. A formula might include something like a 10% 1 respect, 80% 2 respect, 10% 3 respect chance based on certain criteria being met. Though these seems a bit elaborate for respect gains to be calculated, the formula could be a little simpler than that too. TEST: By process of elimination of other tests and by comparing large sample numbers might be the only way to determine if this is true..

2. Respect gain might be based on a different player aspect other than level. It could be determined by Rank, Battle Stats, Age, W/L ratio, or even a combination of factors. The deception could be in that as levels go up, so do most of these other factors. TEST: A careful record of a large number of suspected influences would need to be recorded from hundreds of different attacks. FAST TEST: To determine if the above test is worth checking, first attack a sample group of different level/rank players, repeating each over a few days to see if the respect gains vary or stay consistant.

3. It might be based on the battle itself. This could explain some recent respect changes, as it was not so long ago the battle system was updated. Perhaps it's based on the total damage made, % hits landed, or other battle factors. TEST: Record battle damage, hit results, and time taken to win the fight. Many samples would be needed.

4. The faction being attacked may play a factor. Respect gains may skew after repeat attacks on the same faction, similar to repeat retaliation hits. This theory would explain the rank war respect gains above going down, despite the level going up. The attacks were made consecutively on the same faction. TEST: Attack the same faction starting from the lowest level and working your way up for at least 15 attacks and and a level spread of at least 40.