73 replies · 1.48k views · thread synced · 9 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:74 / 74 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
74
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
32 / 100
Story score
63 / 100
Engagement score
77 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
mug[553318]Committee
· 17 likes · salaries are f**ked. 99% of companies make a loss daily. can't wait for the same model making 5k per mission and 100 bucks per crime once those things are out. owner gives no f**ks about inflation just ignores it - …
dunmugmeh[538353]
· 14 likes · to a smart player the salary is a secondary factor ie pointless. your job should be giving you specials which you like that is the main reason for working in a player ran company. the play money is only relevant …
Penicillin[1517799]Committee
· 7 likes · It never ceases to amaze me how company directors in this game are so eager to lose money every day operating a business. Most of these people would be far better off being an employee rather than an employer.
i was talking to someone who shall remain anonymous, and they tried to recruit me for a 100k salary
let me put this in context, i currently average (from my job alone) 750k daily i once got 600k at a 0* clothing shop i once got 500k at a 0* car dealership
My first month of torn was ranged around 250 a day lol. Currently I am payed 100k a day and used to feel rich. Looking at this thread makes me feel a hobo xD. Rated R+
I think most company directors pay way too much, considering I thought a company is for profit, not for massive losses. Even 100k a day is a lot if you need a lot of employees(a lot of companies do). Along with most of the workforce in Torn for companies don't even match all the stats.
salaries are f**ked. 99% of companies make a loss daily.
can't wait for the same model making 5k per mission and 100 bucks per crime once those things are out. owner gives no f**ks about inflation just ignores it - that takes talent.
simple fix though if he lowered stat requirement on jobs, instead he's requiring like 100k stat players at a company that makes 100k daily. or if he added in more of the sweet shop/fitness center style specials where employees are paid via the special. but the new specials he added in suck too much to pay people 0 bucks.
you know the game is f**ked when a age 0 can join a sweet shop and make 750k daily average off the special.
to a smart player the salary is a secondary factor ie pointless.
your job should be giving you specials which you like that is the main reason for working in a player ran company.
the play money is only relevant to blackjack addicts and players who are so drugged up they cant afford to rehab anymore and are desperate for every bit of play money they can get.
Salaries are too high because most directors are chasing the 10* rating and are currently prepared to make a loss everyday because cash is so easy to acquire elsewhere in game.I have a wage structure based on work stats ranging from 30 to 120k a day.Monday to friday i lose about 500k a day,saturday and sunday i make more profit and overall lose about 1 mill per week.The only way to fix it would be stop directors putting their own cash into companies or severely limit the amount but this would remove a major perk of being a director and probably be less popular than the current system.
I wouldnt :P my 25% strength boost on over 400 million of strength is good.
how long would it take to boost my strength to 500 million just using the gym? (i dont know im not a stat junkie who monitors gym gains over time) because that is what that special does.
free stat boost for just being in a company is worth far more than a tiny amount of play money each day.
i dont know about the gym, bit i know FOR A FACT that if you invested your cash into it, then by stat enhancers you could double any given stat in 18 days
You shouldn't have grouped all under 500k together. You shouldn't have 1m in 2 different categories.
I make 100k. I'd be fine with 0. I'm getting specials and work stats.
You are pretending the money is more important because you can buy SE? Even with the fake 5m number you said, it would still take a couple months to get 1%, you certainly no freaking way in hell could double a stat in 18 days using SE from the money made in your job.
I've yet to hear of the job where you make 1.2b a day.
In an Oil Rig I can demand 2 million a day and get it with no effort, but some things are worth more to me than 2 million per day. For example, when it costs 3 million to rehab for 1 Xanax -drug addiction is an effective equivalent of 3 million a day at a 10 star rating assuming you have 35% hermetic or better.
Doing that means a 10 star with -drug addiction would translate into only paying for 1 Xanax a day for rehab due to 1 job special and 1 due to natural decay.
What is that worth to me? Well, honestly preventing rehab from doubling means I keep more money for longer. It also means I will be able to get 1 billion stats a lot cheaper than other players the same age group as I have.
I used to make 1 dollar at a fitness center, but I was doing that for the job points and the stat increases (4* and 2 employees, we each got 2 trains per day). Now that I have pretty good working stats, I make 2 mill a day.
I make 100k a day at my current company. I chose that type of company and accepted that position because of the company specials. The specials suit my interests and play style. There are so many other ways to make money that job wages are near-inconsequential to me. I used to make 500-750k a day in various other companies, even making 1m+ a day in one. A difference of 400k? Useless.
Edit: Also, the director does a regular train rotation and is working with me to help raise a neglected stat (manual). That is far, far more valuable than money.
you also need to take into account what star the company is. a 0-1 star company will pay a lot more than a 5-9star company since they actually have specials to use. Low star companies need to make up for the lack of specials so thats where you'll make more money but not be able to use the specials which as some say is what most people are after and the money is a secondary thought