Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Content not loading

Started by Z_junior [247674] on in Bugs & Issues.

18 replies · 225 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
19
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
1
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
42 / 100
Story score
51 / 100
Engagement score
57 / 100

Mentioned in this thread

CindyFury [345050] ×1

Z_junior [247674]

Writing on behalf of a friend who's having massive problems with loading content on Torn. Issue started today. When clicking any of the links on Torn, from attack page, forums, city, items... doesn't matter page just gets stuck and it doesn't want to open. On attempting to open the link new tab, you just get a white page. It's been happening randomly throughout the day, like works for few clicks then gets stuck.

Attempted to clear cache and history, restart browser, try with a different browser, rebooted laptop, but the issue persists. Operating system is Win7, browsers tested Chrome & IE.

Please look into this as it is making the game impossible to play.
Z_junior [247674]

No, my friend did not have 502 error messages or any error messages of any kind, page simply gets stuck when trying to click a link and does not push the request through. Like I said, upon trying to open it in new tab, it gives a white page without any content. And it happens randomly on literally any/all pages, so its not page specific either.

As it started today, I'm guessing it is connected to whatever patch/update was released today, so please look into it.
-18- [1531198]

There's not really much to go on, it sounds like it's just affecting your friend as no one else has come forward, maybe they can't due to it, I'm not sure.

I'll pass it up to be checked but if you could supply some more information, maybe screenshots, the players name/ID, have they tried a hard refresh (CTRL F5), is it only happening with Torn? Are all there other web pages loading?, do they have any addons which may be affecting Torn? Could they check if Torn works on there mobile?

Will pass up.
CindyFury [345050]

CindyFury [345050]

I literally just get stuck on pages nothing loads but it seems information is going through since i got stuck on the finish page of a attack i was clicking hospitalize nothing was loading on my screen but i was told over irc that my hit had gone through.

Refreshing is random some times it works after 5+ or so refreshes some times i have to close the whole screen and reopen a new torn window if I right click and open a new tap from the stuck window i just get a white screen and nothing loads.

I have no addons all web sites work perfectly apart from torn and final earth.

Seems to work perfectly fine on my mobile and ipad.

Mentions: CindyFury [345050]

Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

Hmm, I have no idea what could cause this. It seems odd that it'd persist even after changing browser, and yet you're the only person who has the problem. I will talk to some devs to see if we can figure out what might cause it.
Stardrop [1329011]

I have had this issue as well, only with my preferences. When I click the gear, it stops my browser and I have to kill it. Mine also opens a blank white page whenever I open a new tab afterwards. I have tried restarting my laptop, using two different browsers, and even a different laptop, but the problem still persists.
Minty_Minxy [1927218]

Hey this sounds exactly like the issues i've been experiencing as well. It's been happening for a couple days now and is perceptibly getting worse. Every page or every other page I attempt to load is mostly a white screen with the Torn header at the top. I either have to refresh or click enter on the url bar multiple times for a page to fully load. And this happens for hours and hours straight with an excruciating 4+ hours lag sometimes mini freezy.

I use chrome, I play several other games alongside torn that work perfectly fine in different tabs, I've cleared cache.
MegaChintz [1770536]

I'm affected too for the last 2 days. Most chains of events from a root menu item on either my Android mobile (wifi connected) or Desktop IE11 (Ethernet) don't seem to complete, the only way I can get going again is to choose something else from the top menu and start over. So its seems the pages initially load, but then stall at subsequent content loaded from there.

Eg

- If I try to get a job, I get so far through interview, then "next question" does nothing so cant complete interview
- Doing crimes, works for a couple, then "try again" does nothing.
- Sometimes see bubbles on loading the forums- popular threads etc but the initial list of forums list loads
- On occasions the captchas don't fully load the image etc.
- Sometimes I get page/server timeout messages in the browser, but normally its like I didn't click the link- seemingly no response.

No problems with access to other websites in general.

Let me know if you want some specific URLS where it stops etc

Ty.


MegaChintz [1770536]

Sorry Chedburn, I can't back this one up on multiple servers- no issues with non responsive links for over 24 hours. The odd slow loading page but nothing like the original symptoms.

Other sufferers have not posted back too so I guess its sorted itself out whatever it was.

Thanks for your help.
DavzAccount2 [1522019]

@MegaChintz, when you do this can you open Chrome Developer tools and see what it shows for that particular network request?

If you are feeling brave, can you download wireshark (https://www.wireshark.org/) and capture a packet trace at the time of the problem? To keep it simple, try to visit a unique page in CHrome (e.g. www.torn.com/?test=xxxx) so that we can trace the 'bad tab' to a particular TCP stream.

It sounds likely that for some reason our servers are returning odd things to you, or there is some sort of other network problem between you and the loadbalancer we have our side.

Once you have that data, post in here and i'll PM you somewhere to send it. Thanks!
Stardrop [1329011]

I did what I could, but it didn't work at all. It still crashes my browser whenever I try to open my preferences. Recap of my solutions: I have tried restarting my laptop, using two different browsers, and using a different laptop.