Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

IP Blocks Removed

Started by Meta [1281130] on in General Discussion.

243 replies · 3.61k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 244 / 244 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Pangtosh [1521645]

I expect not. The past is the past.

I am glad but unfortunately too late for me. My boys wanted to play in the past but couldn't. Now they are no longer at home. I'm happy for people with kids who still want to play but couldn't, though I think there will be an upswing in multis.
veee [787089]

Ched seems pretty confident about being able to catch multies. I think I believe him too!

This is an amazing update! Great stuff.
Tempest [1867527] Wiki Contributor

I think no one will go that route unless they have too much time in their hands.And most probably whoever wins the jackpot and use it fuel their main account gets fedded
Unknown_Element [450910]

what if their main account is crap and they keep making multis with no interaction and then finally play the one that hits the lotto or slots.. i just think this is a smoke screen and a step for them to allow multis, as stated in the announcement they have been using some of these tools for a while and i still see factions with a bunch of multis in them that only get fedded after i report them. the cheaters will find ways around this like they always do. ive already thought of a few ways it wont show up but not gonna post them here because that will only give the cheaters better idea how to get away with it
Rino_007 [344056]

Ought to prove interesting. There are ways of telling that are fairly obvious. Looking at the monetary log-- that is something that they simply can not deny. If family play one sided giving it might look really suspicious under these settings so they'd be under constant scrutiny; however if it is a give and take it will look more legit.

I also love how in the announcement Chedburn is defining a multi as using for the benefit of the primary account. Does that mean that now players can have a secondary account that does NOT act like a means to farm for the best account and actually sustains itself, not the other account(s)?

The word play here makes it not so obvious.
Caffi [897221]

Thank you for this update! This take a lot of weight out of my shoulders while now I don't have to keep count where I did use friends/relatives net to do basic things in TC. Now I can actually play with relatives who all uses this same net once in a while. Aah thank you TC team!
Unknown_Element [450910]

heck there is a guy in questions forum who said he has another account he made and uses... guess this multi finder isnt in full effect or they are just allowing it since he doesnt interact as he says, but dude stated clear as day he has a multi
Andyman [471591]

It sounds like Ched and staff have a handle on it and are pretty confident in the process.

My roommate is a noob who has maybe a 1/30th of the time invested in Torn that I have invested. That said, I probably won't be associating my trades with him just for extra peace of mind.

It'll be nice to yell out "Chuck, get on your computer and bust me out of jail!" as opposed to typing it, lol.
JussiJernkuuk [1874922]

I think it's good they made life easier for those who do actually share their ip with friends or relatives. I wouldn't be too worried about armies of multis invading Torn, multifarmers are usually not among the most successful players anyway. They tend to focus on the wrong things.
Telomun [463664]

Your family can start a faction and a company of their own easily, how nice seeing a family come together because of Torn. :D