Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Euphoria's Guide on making Billions[Edited 2019]

Started by Euphoria [1443076] Wiki Contributor on in Tutorials & Guides.

182 replies · 58.5k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 183 / 183 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
183
Discussion span
→
Authority score
75 / 100
Historical score
68 / 100
Story score
63 / 100
Engagement score
89 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Euphoria [1443076] Wiki Contributor
Hello everyone. First off I just wanted to say that these methods worked especially well for me due to my "good" negotiation skills , patience and insight into what items and stocks would make me money. I have achieved about 10billion roughly in stocks, items and cash since Christmas 2014 when I restarted playing. So It took maybe 2 months of being a noob , slutting and reviving before I could trade.

2022 Note and slowly updating this: Networth is now 500b plus, most of these fundamentals are noted below and have helped me get here :) I grinded doing all of the below, so I was once a poor poor soul like you might be now, so do not stress! Its a marathon not a sprint!

1) Actually making your first few million


- Now for any level or player of any amount of cash, you can reach where I have gotten in a mere few months.

- Selling Losses: I suggest slutting for 200-300k. "Selling Losses" is the term given when a player attacks another player and purposely loses for cash. All you need is some meds (morphine, blood bags, faks/sfaks) . 3 losses should supply a xanax(850k) which can fund another 10 attacks (2-3m profit). This works out at about 250-350k per 25 energy. That's 1 mil for a full bar of energy unless your a Donater with 150 energy. Note some people run loss agencies which can make this process even easier/more profitable, check the Attacking forum!

- Reviving: To revive people you need to get to the highest rank in the medical starter job. Once you reach there you can revive people in hospital for money ( if they consent to it) . People usually pay 1 million per revive.

- Join a salutary 10 faction to reduce the cost of reviving from 75 energy to 25. This means reviving is more profitable than Selling Losses per 25e.

- If you don't want to waste your energy though it can be a bit harder to earn enough cash to trade for a while . Buying beer from Bits N' Bobs is a good way to make 70k every day when they restock .

- Travelling: At level 15 you can start travelling in the travel agency. If you rent or buy a PI with an airstrip you can reduce the flight times and increase your luggage capacity. Travelling is a great way to make 1-3 million a trip depending on where you travel. If you are traveling during the day and are active I recommend travelling to the UK to buy heathers. Always check the flower threads in forums which keep the stocks of country items updated.

- I recommend Selling Losses or Reviving ( if you have the work stats ) until you reach 100mil ish. At 100 mil-ish i began to trade and delve in the stock market ( Some passive blocks like LSC BB are quite good ROI )



2) Trading:

- Tradings main principle is buy low and sell higher. In the current market you should strive to buy items that are desirable all the time and sell for nice profit. (( Feathery Hotel Coupons, Energy Drinks, Donater Packs & Erotic DVDs are just a few).

- To trade you need people to know you are actually buying something . This means you need to advertise.

Advertising: You can advertise in the newspapers classified ads for 250k per ad or for free with MSG BB.
You can make an ad and place it in trade chat. E.G: "Buying FHCs for 12.6million chat me or set trade". Just follow the trade rules.
You can make a thread in the "trading posts" forum.

- Joining a faction to make contacts can be very useful if you look to be a successful trader. Contacts are key.

- Purchasing a bazaar in the points store for 250 points is necessary for you to sell your items. This is where anyone can buy your items. Once they buy your items you are given the cash straight away . Some people will then attempt to mug you after . Here are a few ways to prevent that ..

- Mug prevention: You can Attack someone and lose to give yourself 10-20 minutes of safe hospital time. Make sure to have the "anyone can revive you " setting turned off.

- You can travel abroad to another country (level 15s +) . You will be safe for the duration of the flight until you land. You should then be ready to fly back ASAP before the locals mug you!

- You can take the wrong blood type and be self hospitalised. You need the blood education done though.

- You can have a friend hospitalise you while you sell items in your bazaar or in a trade so you are safe from. When people buy the items from your bazaar you can set up a ghost trade ( a trade where you store money for 6 hours with a friend so nobody can mug you) so when you get out of hospital you are safe from muggings. Just be careful to remember to deposit that money somewhere .

- 2019 - Mug protection no longer works, has changed so that if one is mugged for 100m, that amount is safe. But if you deposit that money or gain more than that that is muggable!



3) Stock Market


- Stocks 3.0 released so no longer relevant. Buy low, watch it go lower. f**k you Ched



Just stopping here to save! Company ranking and selling up next!

Please comment if it helped!

Just comment if you have any areas you are interested in making cash in and maybe I'll help!
Cena [1923352]

To the point and very informative. As a new player you are pretty much forced todo slutting and maybe revives to gain enough capital to get your feet off the ground but when they are off the ground it is much easier to make easy profit with bulk trades. Just keep at it.
Euphoria [1443076] Wiki Contributor

Thanks. Atm I stopped trading. I'll delve in stock trading which is one you need billions for . You make percentages of cash rather than straight up cash from trading. Stocks are about patience... ( and money). maybe I'll buy a special property one day :D but for now I just do enough to pay for Cans and make some profit, like something small . Maybe 200 mil a week minimum. And I blew that on a bet today.
Yaz [1575994]

"- You can take too much blood ( if you have the education in biology completed) and drain yourself of life until you get put in hospital for 3+ hours."


This is wrong, when you are low on life you get this message "You don't have enough life to fill another bag." and you can't withdraw any more blood. Also the 3 hours you mentioned from taking blood is "Medical Cooldown", not "time in hospital".

To self hosp using blood, you have to use a blood bag which has incompatible blood type with yours. And that would only give you about ~1h in hospital.

Using an SED for self hosping is a good way to go if you need longer hospital times.
Euphoria [1443076] Wiki Contributor

Thanks I really didn't know lmao. Was waiting for someone to correct em :D I don't have the education done
1875860 [1875860]

This pretty much sums it all up. R+

Also, to those who have just started trading stocks. There is a difference between paper losses and actual losses. When a stock is worth less than you've bought it for, simply don't sell or remove it from the market. If you have enough cash in the bank to pay for your property, stuaff, drugs and refills you'll never have to sell at a loss.
JussiJernkuuk [1874922]

The wrong blood type method is not possible for everyone. If you are unlucky you will get the universal recipient type AB+, meaning you can use any type of blood and not be hosped. But a very cheap and useful method for all others.

Nice guide, R+.
1898966 [1898966]

Another method of self-hosping yourself which I find the most effective as it doesnt use too much med CD nor does it cost anything than a sfak is to lose on purpose on RR. Just click 3x until you lose.



Edit: Since this guide seems to be aimed at noobs, some of you may not know what RR is. It is a casino game called russian roullette where the loser goes to hospital for ~20 mins. To get out, simply use a small first aid kit (which adds 15 mins medical cooldown).
Chuckyboy2 [1875579]

I have to really advise against slutting. A much better method is the trading you mentioned as well getting the goodie bag from face book or even buying 4 or 5 DPs to get you started.

I'm also really confused at why reviving is on here. To logically be able to revive you need at least be 250 days and even then it's highly illogical. I have net worth of 3.1 billion and giving up battle stats had nothing to do with that equation and neither did self donation (though I think this is a very viable option for many). A lot of my networth came from IRC which isn't even mentioned on here.
Euphoria [1443076] Wiki Contributor

Those are not valid reasons for downvoting. And what you mention is to use real cash and get free giveaways?! Lmao you are a businessman. I never said this is a thread for beginners . If you really want to revive you can buy trains. Slutting is a viable way to make your FIRST couple million to start trading. You obviously didn't read this thoroughly enough. Enjoy the free irc stuff though. Unless you also pay for the subscription free so it's not really "free" :p
Chuckyboy2 [1875579]

You just proved my point reviving is for latter in the game and slutting is for multis (oops I meant noobs) yet you put both of them together. Like I said I've not self donated. I down voted because slutting kills stats and stats are where the real money is at. The other reason for down voting is you equate slutting and reviving on the same level. That makes the guide unfocused if your goal is to help a noob than help a noob if your goal is a money making guide than slutting shouldnt be included.
Euphoria [1443076] Wiki Contributor

Ughh. You still didn't read it did you? You NEED to have money to make money idiot . There's also not ways stats are going to make you money unless you are a guest chainer or mugger . It doesn't take that long to buy losses in intelligence. The guide isn't based at any academic im just giving people the info necessary to make money. You can't trade or buy stocks without money. Slutting and reviving are too perfectly viable ways to do that, Mixed with travelling too. And as for the multi slutting thing, you'd want to be a pretty low life to waste your time making multis to slut. Worst pimp ever xD Also I never said slutting OR reviving are on the same level. I clearly say reviving makes you more money in a salutary 10 faction :/ it's just there because it's a way to make money and you don't need work stats for it.
Chuckyboy2 [1875579]

I have no problem with parts two and three on the guide and apparently i'm an idiot because I disagree with you. I do not think you need the first part of the guide with the exception of maybe travel and even then I don't it fits "making billions". I've read your guide twice and disagree with section 1 and reasoning but again I'm just a "idiot" because I have different view than you. I used non nonsensical arguments like that when I was much younger.
Euphoria [1443076] Wiki Contributor

Section 1 is avoidable if you have a few hundred mil to play around and trade with or less. It is a way to make money, that's all im saying it is and that's what it is. IRC is also a perfectly good way to make easy money.
JussiJernkuuk [1874922]

I wouldn't personally recommend slutting either, but this is a guide to making money, not a guide to improving your stats. And slutting is undeniably one of the fastest ways for noobs to get some easy cash, so I don't see the problem with slutting being included in the guide.