Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

finding items

Started by Felikitor [1902876] on in Questions & Answers.

10 replies · 162 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
7
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
54 / 100
Cursed [1901987]

there are a variety of scripts available in the tutorials and guides section, but if you want to search the map my advice is zoom in to the max, then do a methodical search using the arrows, eg bottom left to top left, then cover the rest of the map in a similar way
dunmugmeh [538353]

Click city in between everything you do that is the first thing.

After that put on your glasses and goto the city map.

Situate the map into the top left hand corner. zoom in once.

Then SLOWLY scan the page as you click down get to the bottom click right 4 times then SLOWLY scan the page as you go up then click right 4 times again and slowly scan the page as you click down etc.

The actual finds are generated when you click city. Spamming it doesnt work. Every hour you have a chance to find something not every minute. WHen clicking city.
LordSam [1900989]

for this, you should have completed the relevant education degree.... right?

I have clicked a few interesting items.. in the city, but,... for the past few days... NOTHING. absolutely nothing.

even wasted a few merits on Awareness .. :((
WetWillie20 [1462458]

ITS NOT A WASTE!!! i have found over 1b worth of stuff since respo (in the past month since i got more active) 1 egyptian amule,t and 1 cesium today!!! i credit this to the fact that i have 10/10 awareness and all edu courses done


Kakabu [1932221]

To the OP: I've found that running a script that indicates when an item has been added to the map is most helpful, and then as another poster mentioned, just click on the city map before going to do anything, and especially the first 2 refreshes per hour in TORN time are critical...however, many forum posts frequently leave out LSD. I've found the most items (20 of my 33) when either "high"/under the influence of LSD or right after the drug cool-down wears off on my first or second city page refresh. I've found 33 items...but only 3 have been anything of worth: a lawyer card (800k), a gas can (1.8 mil), and a feathery hotel coupon (12.9 mil or so). So even if you find things, odds are they won't be very good things. I do city finds almost exclusively for the merits. You also do not need to zoom in on the map more than 1 level as the items are visible when you do the highlight the screen trick (see the forum post about highlighting the map).

To other posters: I've read most or all of the forum posts on awareness points and I don't see a reason to put merit points towards awareness considering how random and few and far between they are. I do see a point to maxing out the education based awareness, using LSD, or using company perks (if in something like a candle co) since there is a chance, like WillieD mentioned, that you will find something worth a lot...but I think it's too random and too infrequent for me to see the worth in putting points towards awareness....
Wildcat78 [1941308]

I see above the suggestion to put on glasses before scanning the map for items. The glasses are described as helping with finding cash crimes. I have found nothing else other than the statement above in this thread to suggest that the glasses help with finding items on the map. Can anybody provide additional information? Thanks very much!
Ricky-Bobby [297109]

gives me a headache looking for stuff i must need the glass's to lol

you can do double click your mouse and drag it across your map any items will get highlighted if there are any items in the city for you to find at the moment.

this should help you to not strain your eyes to much.
Wildcat78 [1941308]

Thanks for the reply! I do highlight the map, and I am not bothered with eye strain. I did read in another thread somewhere that one should purchase and "equip" the glasses--which caused me to believe that he was talking about game glasses, not real glasses. I bought the glasses, and found no improvement in finding items. It has now been several days since I have found anything. Thanks again.