I've nearly got enough money to reset my 37 merits (I know I'm nooby). Any advice on what I should spend them on? I'm thinking about spending on one thing but everything gets criticised for being worse after new updates.
Spending Merits
Started by halberstram [1899754] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 14
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 11
- Likes on archived posts
- 16
- Authority score
- 59 / 100
- Historical score
- 23 / 100
- Story score
- 35 / 100
- Engagement score
- 58 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Hobbie [443763]
· 5 likes ·
I wouldn't reset only 37 merits, especially if you have any at all in the categories you'd want anyway. You'd be better off spending the money on working towards other merits - hell there are going to be loads of …
I've nearly got enough money to reset my 37 merits (I know I'm nooby). Any advice on what I should spend them on? I'm thinking about spending on one thing but everything gets criticised for being worse after new updates.
Personally, I'd max out Education or Banking. It takes 55 merits to max something out, so it's up to you if you want to split them up or focus on one. The education reduction is nice (I'm at 40-something percent reduction, so I'm just blowing through courses). Banking is also great, for obvious reasons. If you wanna focus on stacking paper, go that route.
Aside from those two, I've have Dex at 8/10 and Awareness at 9/10. I dunno if I've seen much return from Awareness, though
I wouldn't spend that much money on a reset, unless you are absolutely sure that it will pay off. It depends on your long-term strategy, so you should have an idea of how you want your account be when you have played one or two years, for instance. Once you have outlined that strategy, you will probably know how to spend your merits.
If you dont know what to spend your merits on then its a bad idea resetting them. I have spent most of my merits on stuff which boosts combat. But i have also fully upgraded nerve (because im a crime clicker) and fully upgraded awareness.
I wouldn't reset only 37 merits, especially if you have any at all in the categories you'd want anyway. You'd be better off spending the money on working towards other merits - hell there are going to be loads of easy awards still to get.
I agree with Hobbie. You will be getting a lot more merits faster than you know it. An early reset wouldn't be that beneficial to you. Unless you have Tens of thousands of points to waste.
I wouldn't reset for only 37 merits personally. However, if you are sure your merits are being wasted where they are now, post a screenshot of where your merits are spent right now and someone will surely be able to let you know if they are well spent as they currently sit.
Thanks guys, will work towards getting some more merits.
Just spend your merits when you know what you want. I have reset my merits 0 times i am very happy with my choices so there is no need to change.
Just because a option is there it doesnt mean you have to use it.
Spend all the merits on battle stats.. really worth for me since i been reduce -100% for all stats while high on xanax. Merits help me to keep 30% while on xanax. ^_&
This is really bad advice for someone with 37 merits who's around 300 days old who can't even afford buying drugs. I wouldn't reset them but if you do go for education. It's the only category that gives time back to you. If you bank regularly than you should do that one second but not everyone banks money at the ealrly part of the game.
Like what most people mentioned, not worth resetting 31 merits, maybe 150-200+ merits. One thing is cost for reset merits keep increasing the more times u reset.
You should reset and put a couple merits in each weapon mastery, just in case you use different weapons.
i for one have have 5 merits in each weapon mastery
It's definitely not worth putting merits into stats unless you have high stats. Go for education. Once you get high enough stats, then put them into stats. Weapon Mastery is good too if you're doing a lot of attacking. Also, I'm sure Crit Hits is a good choice later on down the road.