Not sure if it's worth it really, the wick degrades over time anyway, so by the time you need to 'clean' a coil the wick will need to be replaced...if you're going to all that bother it's probably easier to just rebuild it, or buy another.
...saying that, would be interesting to see the results [:tongue:]
Im thinking of re-coiling my atlantis coils. anyone able to suggest a place to buy the stuff fairly cheap in the uk? ive never built coils before so any suggestions would be great.
Get wire from any vape shop. I found that 22ga kanthal run dual parallel 8 wraps get you at a .2 ohm coil. There is a great you tube video on how to rebuild the Atlantis. For wicking just pick up some organic japanese cotton from any health and beauty shop.
ECF is working with Innokin to give away 400 of their new Disrupter APVs...Check out the link below to enter. Free is always good, haha. Also if you don't belong to the ECF community, you should definitely check them out...A lot of good information and good people there./
http://upvir.al/ref/u34556
Here's another contest for Horizons Phantom Sub-tank
http://linkz.mobi/sc/5m52d-3pg3q
Going to invest in a kangertech sub ohm setup next week....getting a bit paranoid with my 'cheepo' chineese battery after all the press about them going bang.
At least if I get one from a smoke shop and my hand gets blown off I can go in and give the guy a beating
Edit: With my good hand
I hate how technical all this stuff is. It's really off putting. My first ever vape came in the post yesterday and I finally bit the bullet and haven't had a cig for 24 hours (something I haven't been able to do in about 10 years). I have a Chinese battery called Kangside and the tank is Aspire Atlantis. I don't really know what's what, but I like the taste of vapor- it's meant to be tobacco flavour but it tastes like sugar.
It can be intimidating. The vape community is very helpful though so if you have any questions just seek out fellow vapers.
I used to smoke menthols and started with a minty juice. I found so many other delicious flavors that it makes it hard to go back to regular cigs. Cant stand the smell anymore.
Stay away from those chinese batteries if you can. Look for samsung, sony or LG batteries. They are safer and alot more reliable. Can get them pretty cheap on amazon.
batteries are about the only thing i wont buy online.. way to many reports of people getting shitty batteries rewrapped as sonys and samungs. they may cost more buying from a good vape shop but i trust them more.
Yeah, buying cells online is tricky. I'd avoid going after Sony VTC4s or 5s all together. IMO seems to be one of the biggest re-wrap targets on the market. Recently picked up some LG HE4s, so far I've been digging their performance.
Ive been running samsung 25r's. They work really well. Also pretty cheap on amazon.
Just bought my Kangertech sub tank mini :) Piccies on the way when its charged
I don't know how I missed this. Thanks for responding.
I decided to spend about £30 on buying a bunch of different flavours, just little bottles to see what's what. Some flavours are ridiculously nice but for some reason I find some of them make me gag and choke. Strawberry, for example, tastes nice but if I take a decent hit from it, I end up in a massive coughing fit.
One good side effect I've noticed is that the smell of cigarettes is foul to me now (also the taste of food is better). My girlfriend still smokes about 5 a day and I can sit in a room with her and not want to join her at all. I still get cravings and stuff, but I'm happy to get my nicotine from e-juice.
On the battery, I live in China. Most of the good batteries they make are exported or way too expensive. When I said battery before, I didn't mean the cell itself, I meant the unit the tank sits on. (I don't know all the technical babble).
As a quitting device, how many of you have cut down and stopped vaping? I don't plan on doing it for the rest of my life. Has anyone gone the route of starting at strong nicotine e-juice and working their way down over a series of months to weaker and weaker juices until they're at 0 then giving up altogether? Does it take some of the stress out of quitting that way?
I started at 12mg which was a little harsh in my subohm tank. It really killed me when I started dripping an RDA. I dropped to 3mg immediately and am going to cut that down to 0. Have gone short periods at 0 but still get the nic craving occasionally. The ultimate end game is to quit everything. Think I will try to cut my 3 to 1.5 and see where that gets me.
To be honest it's all about your taste and setup...As I posted above, I've just got a subohm setup ...the liquids I used to use I just can't smoke anymore due to the cough factor, lol.
Try and find the sweet spot...combination of tank, coil and liquid....everyones different...just glad you've made that move off the ciggies and onto vape!!!!
I started vaping just about 4 years ago, shortly before the birth of my son. I was a pack and half to a 2 pack a day smoker. Initially I intended to stop vaping all together, but I no longer have any plans to. It's more or less turned into a hobby if you will. I started vaping 24-18mg juice and within 6 months or so lowered it 12mg. When I sub-ohm I vape between 3-6mg juice. I prefer a mouth to lung inhale VS. just a lung inhale and find myself subohming less and less because of it.
As far as taking the stress out of quitting, I think it curved my cravings a bit. For a good 1-2 months I still craved a cigarettes, but it was tolerable. With all the chemicals in cigarettes I highly doubt nicotine was the only substance I was addicted to. That and vaping to me was nothing like smoking. It takes time to figure out what build and juice works for you. Even to this day every now and than I get a short lived craving for cigarettes, but it always passes. Most ex-smokers I've talked, whether they vape or not, say they get the came stray cravings as well. I assume that these stray cravings will never quite go away.
I highly recommend checking out
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ ECF has a great community of vapors from across the globe. Great place to start out at if you new to vaping.
The first tank I bought was sub-ohm, I got a new tank a week later which is 1.6 ohm. The sub ohm is much easier to drag big lungfuls out of, but yeah- a load of the oils are disgusting when using it. Is that what it's meant to be like?
I'm scared of going to all the other forums and stuff because I'm such a noob. I don't know what's what or even how to talk about things. I like this thread cause it's a smaller scale. haha.
I'm very glad not to have been smoking ciggies for two weeks. I'd never have thought it possible to tell the truth.
Did you find a nice tasting juice? ... I've finally settled for a VMist Rainbow fruit that I mix with VMist Menthol Ice, I find it pretty good :)
Also, in relation to my brand spanking new Kangertek Sub Tank Mini...well, it leaks like a bitch, lol. Can't get any joy from the place I bought it from and kangertek are not being helpfull either
Guy in the shop finally replaced my tank.....new one also leaks like f**ker...definatly wouldn't recommend :(
Kanger has a reputation for leaking. Ive run an atlantis, arctic and vision mk with no issues. Dont use them anymore cuz i'm back to dripping full time. There is alot of nice gear out there these days.