Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Serial Killers!

Started by CGIJokerman [1920126] on in Hobbies & Interests.

26 replies · 192 views · thread synced · 13 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 27 / 27 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
27
Discussion span
→
Authority score
9 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
46 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

CGIJokerman [1920126]

David Berkowitz: Son of Sam, John Wayne Gayce: The Killer Clown, Charles Starkweather, Charles Manson, The Moor Killers, The Family, Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, The Sniper In The Tower, Columbine...ect So many more! Who is your guy's favourite? Mines Bundy, also, feel free to add info about any other ones you may have found. Let this forum be nice to everyone, we are all friends here with the same interest. Thanks!
CatHead [1581564]

I downrated you, sorry.

I sometimes go on youtube/ wikipedia to look up serial killers and see how they did what they did and see if I can glean something from their character. I wouldn't say I have a favourite and I don't like the idea of glorifying their actions. So I don't much like this thread.

Morbid curiosity is one thing- having favourites and wanting to discuss them is another. (At least in my mind.)
Ekko_ [1621978]

Ok so Bundy was a smart cookie, like really smart -possibly higher IQ than Eisenstein. And he's your favorite, yes? Do you think you'd be comfortable in the same room with him? Do you think he would appreciate you being a fan? Do you think maybe he might shove a deodorant can up your ***, beat you to a literal pulp with a bat and then r*** and murder your thirteen year old sister? Oh yeah, coz he does that. If you want a hero, how about a real hero like John Flynn or General Lee?
Pinkie [1886343]

I was going to make a point here, But you've already beat me to it.
Serial Killers: Interesting in theory, Horrible in practice.


Pinkie [1886343]

I'm sure its people who get off on the thought of someone like that, And they marry through the prison (that much I don't know)
cake2 [1789908]

Charles Manson called off the marriage when he found out his fiancee was going to marry him just to display his body for tourists to pay money to see it.
MachineGunSteve [184119]

I wouldn't call him my favorite, but this guy was quite the sick puppy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Fish


Also... Manson never killed anyone... he just got into peoples heads and had them do all the killing.

Another guy, who may be the all time body count killer... or at least he is pretty high up there, yet most people never heard of him:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Henry_Gaskins

If you are interested in true crimes:

http://www.amazon.com/Bloodletters-Badmen-Narrative-Encyclopedia-Criminals/dp/087131777X
Uncle_Limpy [1300167]

Personally, I never believed that. Just look at manson. Yes, he had his "family" kill Sharon Tate and a few others. But, don't tell me he never took a life himself.
Nobody [237547]

I guess Ed Gein would be an interesting character, at least psychologically considering his childhood. His mother would squeeze his... well... and say she wanted a girl. He ended up digging up graves and make masks of skin, corpse "breasts" etc. before he killed with a shotgun I believe (was it two people?). Basically he was "fulfilling" his mothers wish for a girl.

Raising children at least on an acceptable level is indeed critical to prevent characters like this.