Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

New Players

Started by Jammy_Git [259767] on in General Discussion.

161 replies · 2.09k views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 162 / 162 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Evil-Duck [1182047]

"it is the duty of the more experienced players to try and school new players in the appropriate etiquette"

School new players to be someone who YOU would like them to be. God forbid they be themselves... and I guess if being themselves riles up a 45 yr old man on the internet so be it. All the bounties in the world wont make someone with self-respect become someone they are not, sorry if that offends you CaptionOblivious.

Peace
CaptainObvious [1019122]

I'm not offended at all, because I'm not the one being offended here. I do indeed place bounties on occasion, and I do that because it's fun to see idiots moan about it, and because it's cheap, and it makes me laugh. I'm well past the point where I let a little keyboard warrior noob get under my skin.
It's just a game after all.


Consequences2 [1948505]

If that is true why did you dislike my post on your "ooo look at me topless" thread and then bounty me 10 times a day for a week, as well as follow me from thread to thread, as well as posting new images stating how some people call you fat (when I was the only one who called you fat).

You are obviously vain and you obviously let people get under your skin. It is hilarious how transparent you are.

No one really moans about bounties after they get used to them, for me it is now just a way of life. Using tabbed browsing to buy / train / do crimes and make sure you are at the PC or tablet or phone when you land abroad and bounties never bother you in the slightest!
PatBenatar [420347]

Hater will hate end of story. Make the best of the situation have your guildies and buddies collect the bounties on you and spread the wealth once the person who is bountiing you catch on it will stop eventually. It took 3/4 billion worth of bounties to have the person who was targeting me to realize he was feeding me with his cash.

You need to coordinate the attacks so only you benefit from the attacks, tell them you will morph out each time if they send you half. Most of my buddies were told just to keep the cash since I had plenty. Also have a good supply of SFAKs available so you can finish your medical merit. Win/win.


As for Karma, ignore it, don't down rate people its a flawed system. Once they max out they cant tank your score any more. I even rate up my haters, that seems to aggravate them more.
Unknown_Element [450910]

Nah I could not cared less actually. I just got bored with it that is all. Wasn't any lesson taught or to be learned so don't try and make it seem like you conquered or won something. I just went from not giving a shit to giving less of a shit and got bored. I didn't REALIZE. Jack squat. I just got bored

Lol at the word guildies..... You really need to get out more. This ain't WoW
Consequences2 [1948505]

The only downside to that is you can max out your med cooldown then you are stuck...

When mine gets near max I normally just go to SA for a xanax run.



PatBenatar [420347]

Solution to that is keep morphine handy as well. ;) You are going to be hit either way its better to pad your friends and your pocketbooks than a random player. Your buddy needs more E, you just stay put until he regens and then you can regen the CDs as well. I have done this for 6 months, I have a ton of experience in this matter. :)

Bounties received:579 500 of those came from Xmas 2014 to May 2015 in a tidy sum of 3/4th of a billion.
TheChechen [1649392]

new players are to be bullied, extorted (especially if theys rich rich retards! I mean restartz!) and bountied...unless dey stay awayz from fourumz and chat
CaptainObvious [1019122]

I disliked your post because it was rude.
I bountied you because you're an asshat. Plus it's cheap and it amuses me.
Vain? No. Under my skin? No.
I'm not the one who feels it necessary to constantly bitch about it at every given twist and turn.

It's a game. remember that. I'm actually a really nice person in RL. I just don't like idiots.

edit: After looking, it's not just myself that's hammering you with bounties is it? We can't ALL be wrong.......
Evil-Duck [1182047]

'Idiots' is very much personal opinion.

Without upsetting you too much, I think you are an idiot. Why? Because there are numerous people (incl me) who you follow round and downrate each and every one of their posts, Karma means nothing so it's doing nothing but showing how much time you're willing to waste on people who apparently do not get under your skin. Not to mention you seem to like conflicts and arguments over next to nothing.

The problem most of the time isn't with the new players, it's with the old players who are stuck in their old ways and believe the grass is always greener. There are some very poisonous personalities and people on TORN who are just being themselves which should be of more concern to the community than a small number of different (but harmless) personalities... yet the true poisonous individuals are accepted and you're blinded by the snakes they really are.

You will find people treat others how they are treated, by bountying, downrating, belittling and harassing you are only creating more of what you perceive as 'idiots' AKA people who disagree with you and dont conform to your way of living.

You're not special or better than anyone else, you're just another case of a TORN member who is never wrong.

Peace
JustJanet [911066]

Holy moly... I don't know, but this might be a record for me.. two ED post likes in a row! I'm sure you'll say something I disagree with soon but I can't disagree with the majority of this post... I don;t know Captanin obvious so I don't know if he is an idiot but this part.. is a gem when talking about most people who perma - bounty.




"There are some very poisonous personalities and people on TORN who are just being themselves which should be of more concern to the community than a small number of different (but harmless) personalities.

You will find people treat others how they are treated, by bountying, downrating, belittling and harassing you are only creating more of what you perceive as 'idiots' AKA people who disagree with you and dont conform to your way of living. "


CaptainObvious [1019122]

All this from a character who openly calls other players "peasants", "Noobs", "Numbskulls" and "Imbeciles" (and that's just from memory, If I could be bothered checking back I'd find a lot more)

Just FYI, I only started the downrate thing after it was done to me, a kind of 'eye for an eye' thing, so you may want to look at a mirror to find the instigator of that shenanigans...

Seems fairly obvious to me that there is someone else here who thinks he's never wrong too. But opinions are like a*****es, we all have them, even if they stink.

and to finish, a Quote :"You can learn a lot from criticism if you can take what's constructive out of it. If you read a review that starts with, 'This person is an idiot; who do they think they are?', you're not going to learn anything from that."


Evil-Duck [1182047]

That is pretty much the synopsis of your defence in this case. I wouldn't expect you to understand it first time round, go back and read your posts with that quote in mind.

This is my final post on the matter as quite clearly you're as stubborn as dead whale.

Peace
CaptainObvious [1019122]

no. I completely understand.
I ended my last long post with a quote that showed the ineptitude of your defence and because you couldn't construct a decent retort, you attempted to vaguely belittle me with a mockery.

You didn't even defend yourself (Obviously) against the downrate issue because you couldn't. Instead you attempted to gain some moral high ground and failed.

I'm also done with this thread. Got more pressing issues to attend to.

"Stubborn as a MULE" just FYI.