Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Fed change?

Started by Mouse [520790] on in General Discussion.

18 replies · 666 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
19
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
22
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
35 / 100
Story score
54 / 100
Engagement score
65 / 100

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Marky [352379] ×1 Artea [1523296] ×1

Mouse [520790]

So me and a few others have noticed that 999 day accounts are counting down. I wonder if that has to do with the attack?

All I know is on one profile it said 995 days, I clicked his stats, came back then it said 997. So, what on Earth is happening?

Some I know ain't abusing bugs or anything so what is happening here?
ReyDuvall [1526820]

Pretty sure it's a 998 that counts down, 999 doesn't.

thekop, luffy, someone, mylord, Kyrea, VigilanteIsHere, and Love_jesus are the ones I've seen so far in the last week.

They are probably related to each other, since 6 of them are at 993
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

I'm pretty sure I've seen counting down cases a lot before, but they usually just weren't known people. Cause usually people that have quite the account don't do shit to get them banned
Mouse [520790]

Personally I think staff hate me, my leader and my husband both gone.

But changing times within 30 seconds, something is fishy that's for sure.
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

I've heard people also get fedded somethimes to protect their accounts, maybe that could also have been the case here?
MaxHeadRoom [1429645]

I think 998s countdown to 908. Apparently its a marker for admins so that the fedded acc owner cannot immediately restart. They have to wait 90 days.

666 fed is done to protect an account in the event of a security issue. It is usually released once the proper account owner has been verified.

As for the reasons... I keep hearing stockmarket exploits/bug abuse but its just rumour....


Mouse [520790]

Some of these people had no reason to restart. It's strange. I noticed a few over past few days (funnily enough only noticed Luffy today and Kop I got told, I'm a shit wifeh! xD)
-Monkey- [892675]

They got Fedded for bug abuse most likely (possibly rmt?) whether it be casino or stocks I don't know if anyone knows for sure but 999 is permenant fed for that account and does not count down and and 998 which counts down is for other reasons than quitting. These feddings are probably unrelated to the hacking as well imho.
JussiJernkuuk [1874922]

Just out of curiosity, what would a complete ban mean in practise? It probably can't be an ip ban since the ip block was lifted? And anyone can create as many new emails as they wish.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

Any number of things, could mean that it's a case still underway and their fed sentence is still being fully determined but it is potentially something that would warrant enough of a fed sentence to consider the account to never allowed back in Torn ever again.... use your imagination there :P Something really bad! None of our business though, we can only speculate ;)
The_Healer [1787515]

chargeback is 366 days. Marky [352379]

how come on some account they use deleted instead of account marked for deletion.

This guy who I hated very much, on his account it says deleted. Artea [1523296]

Mentions: Artea [1523296] · Marky [352379]