Can I post? What is this used for?
TESTINGGGGGGG...
The torn API (
read the frist thread here). You can read all kinds of data from your profile. Technically you could even make your own version of CityWatch with it.
Mentions:
API initial release, pre announcement!
Mentions:
API - Now online
If I'm reading this right dose this mean our phones can resive a message when are energy is full? Or am I getting the wrong end of the stick?
It can once the mobile app is done. I started working on one already, but could take some time because today I'm probably getting a job, so job + college, I doubt I'll have too much time for developing apps, but I'll do my best to finish it asap.
you can write an app using api to perform this task (check energy)
I went to the page and put in my API information and I have hit enter but nothing comes up. I'm not used to such new things so what step am I obviously missing? Thanks! GBB
Not sure which page you're referring to, but if it's the API homepage, that's just a playground for developers.
After entering your API key on the top, you need to click on one of the options e.g. Users/Properties/Torn then click Try It!
I'm at the point where I've typed in my API and chosen bars, and clicked try it and got the URL? But nothing's happening now? What do I do with the URL? Or is it because it's not working on iPhone yet?
The api itself should work on any device (unsure about the try it thing), but yeah its meant for applications to access, if you go directly to the URL it gives you, you may be able to see it working.
But yeah, its not really meant for you to actually go to the URL. An example would be, say if I wanted to make an application that showed you what items you was using across the course of the month, I could use the API with your API key (providing you gave it to me) and collect that data from the API without you ever giving me your username and password and in a format that can be easilly read by computers.