Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Refurbish Items!

Started by Nobody [237547] on in Suggestions.

150 replies · 1.46k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 151 / 151 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
151
Discussion span
→
Authority score
55 / 100
Historical score
55 / 100
Story score
67 / 100
Engagement score
81 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Nobody [237547]

With the new update, or rather access to information already there in the backend, I think it would be nice (perhaps even necessary) to allow user to refurbish/re-forge their items. This would allow for the chance of getting some of the best items without having to pay billions.

It needs to be pricey to do so, I'm personally thinking around 5% of item value (balanced by last year market price average?) or store prices for rare items (Gold AK etc). When doing the refurbish of the item, you pay the price for it when it starts, and when the finished result is there you can select between keeping the old stats or go for the new one you just paid for. Example:

Your item listed: [Dual Samurai Swords]
Price for reforge: [$49,000,000]
Continue? [Yes] [Cancel]


Next step would basically show the difference it would make, something like this:

Your item is done, item refurbished: [Dual Samurai Swords]
Refurbish result: DMG [71.71] -> [71.13]-0.58 | | ACU [69.43] -> [72.20]+2.77
Do you wish to proceed? [Yes] [No]

Related topic: http://www.torn.com/forums.php#!p=threads&f=2&t=15958398&b=0&a=0

Mentions: The best items!

AshleyT [1432316]

This is... actually ideal for higher end weapons now that I think about it.

While pricing may be a little bit of an issue, this will certainly be a good addition to the new system. People who got bad luck in buying rare items can now have the chance to get those items better without introducing some kind of permanent stat upgrade system.

Still think some of the weapon stats are a little off, but hey, it's Torn. R+
Lord_Gorgen [1629756]

I like the idea.

But.. What if you could chose how much to pay?
Say you pay 1% of the value, there would be just a tiny chance of getting a item in the top 10% of whats possible (might even come out worse than what you started with). But if you pay 200% of the value it would be a 99% chance of getting one in the top 10%.
Nobody [237547]

Not quite sure... Minimum should be 5% if you ask me, and getting in the "top 10%" would mean if enough people did this then after a while all weapons only needed to get among the top 50% because everyone had close to the peak stats. I guess is someone paid the full price of a weapon they could get it to the top score for the weapon. Basically it would cost 1B to get a random dual samurai to get the best stats on it. Then you would need to choose between aim or damage for the weapon, perhaps select from a list of 3 options? balanced, damage or accuracy.

I'd say 5% for a chance to get a better score, or 100% to be in the peak zone (if min-max is 57-67 you would get 66-67) for paying the full value of the item.
AshleyT [1432316]

That could easily be abused for the cheaper items. Remember, this is suggesting it for all weapons. Just doing it for richer items would be a massive letdown to most players.

Still, nothing a little tweak to pricing couldn't fix.
Nobody [237547]

Everyone can get cheap items themselves, and just double down on them for high stats. Bazaars would not benefit from doing this, so the rich would not earn any extra cash. If I did this with my dual sams, I could not sell them for even twice the price. In no world would you profit from doing something everyone does, it would be a quick sale when you were going to upgrade, and a lucky buyer who got a maxed item, other then that it's still a money drain.

With this in place, everyone would just buy the items they wanted and refurbish them (doubling it's total cost) for a marginal stat increase.

Also, I'm talking about item specific min-max, not that every item would get the global max. If I refurbished my dual sams for 980M I would only get close to 0-5% difference from the best one, not improve it further then the item specific max.
Nobody [237547]

Wondered why I voted you down, then I remembered it used to say "Absolutely not." [:laughing:] "Dekloren disliked your thread
Refurbish Items!" Nice try [:tongue:]
AshleyT [1432316]

Surprised this hasn't got like 500 votes yet. I've heard quite a bit of dislike among the higher end community to the new system.
Dekloren [900534]

Because the "higher end" community loves when their simple text based game becomes more and more complicated and time consuming with each update.