21 replies · 338 views · thread synced · 8 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:22 / 22 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
22
Discussion span
→
Authority score
51 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
53 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
Korten[290467]
· 5 likes · You could just not let the chain timer get so low...
Wollongong[12833]
· 1 likes · Wth is an AIWarea...?
You have like 10 seconds to hospitalise someone before your chain ends so you tend to overcompensate for the mistakes you already made by, well panicking, and making more mistakes.
Like not knowing the person you just attacked is going to go down with one hit, so naturally you are hitting the attack button in preparation for the next round before you know what happened in the last one because you don't have the time to know because you have 7 seconds in which to hospitalsie that sucker.
But it's not the attack button anymore, because you one-hit downed him, it's the mug button and you just killed your chain.
Stupid under-button.
(I've always wondered why there isn't an AIW area in the forum, I for one would make much use of it.)
The weapon buttons are much bigger than the leave/mug/hosp ones. Alternatively, (at least on my screen, might change with resolution don't know) the hosp button is right behind the melee weapon, so just use the melee all the way and you're fine.
That depends entirely on how many chains you are setting up. Multiple 100 hits, or max chains sometimes necessitate the need for running out the chain timers so that new targets will be out of the hospital in time to complete the next hit.
I don't think his faction has that problem somehow and it rarely happens if ever now that you can't load attack pages while a player is in hospital.
Chalk it up to a somewhat green faction leader letting trying to run it a little too close for comfort instead of just atacking earlier and holding the hosp or declaring on someone else for extra targets (although everyone has made the mistake of letting the timer run too low at one point or another).
You're right, we don't have that problem seeing as there is rarely more than 3 people in our chains, often on 2 or self-chains.
I got visitors at home during the chain so was distracted somewhat due to obligations of hospitality, plus some mistakes such as attack fails and other mishaps such as other factions attackin the target list dragged the time down further and well, you know the rest.
The thread was really mainly me just venting a bit which is why I was making a bit of a joke out of it and acknowledging that it was down to me really in the subtext which most people seemed to recognise but of course I got at least one obligatory 'dislike' as not everyone reads things in the same way so not everyone sees things in the same way.
Still, it is a perfect example of when an AIW area would be useful. In those areas once someone starts a 'poor me' thread everyone knows that the whole thing is not to be really taken too seriously as by definition it is self-acknowledged whining.
I think NT has a point, although I don't see it primarily as a chaining problem. It is very easy to click on the wrong button and it can be kind of annoying. I have hosped many people abroad by mistake when all I wanted to do was to get rid of some e and mug them. But I guess it serves me right for not being more careful, just as it serves those suckers right to be mistakenly hosped overseas. They shouldn't be camping there in the first place.