Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Travel 2.0

Started by austere [1633961] on in General Discussion.

67 replies · 2.04k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 68 / 68 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
68
Discussion span
→
Authority score
61 / 100
Historical score
51 / 100
Story score
72 / 100
Engagement score
78 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Chedburn [1] ×4

austere [1633961]

So the bulletin board shows that "Travel 2.0" is on progress! Though it is unsure when it will be launched.

I wonder what would be in travel 2.0! Any idea?

I do not expect to know details of it. A tiny hint or may be just a personal guess?
KPCSlor [1557404]

EDIT: Looks like I was proven wrong on crimes in other countries so ignore my first sentence....

Ched has mentioned traveling crimes before so that one I think is for sure. If not crimes specifically than mission type items.

The biggest change I'm hoping for is online casino while flying. Ched, I promise to lose a lot more money if you let me gamble and fly =). Poker especially would be nice.
austere [1633961]

Are you sure? Do you remember any reference? I heard it was not going to happen.

I myself once suggested and got harsh reactions from some so called big shots and staffs 2 years ago.
Ominos [1962593]

Well, I'm hoping that aside from whatever is changed in the countries, that the actual flying time is expanded in what you can do. I understand the concept behind the reward-cost model, but your actions don't have to be that restricted. Maybe something along the line of adding a wifi connection to your laptop that you use points to get, and allows you a bit more freedom in doing stuff.

I mean there's a list of things that would make flying life a bit easier that doesn't break the reward-cost model that's in place:

1. Checking the market in torn but not being able to buy/sell stuff
2. Online gambling
3. Access to non-gameplay related areas like the committee and staff pages

And those three are just off the top of my head.
austere [1633961]

But I do not think that would happen. If that does prices will come down and it might effect economy. Many do not fly just to not waste energy and nerve.

It would be fantastic to have a gym though as I myself am a frequent flyer.
Jai [918327]

Adding new destinations aren't important.

But crimes, new feature/tasks/missions etc are a decent idea.

Maybe BCT gives you access to a basic gym?
PatBenatar [420347]

You can access committee and staff pages now, but you need to know how to access them.

While flying there is a staff link, if your in the country and need to contact staff, you click on forums, click on Ched, click on mail and then on his message there is a link to access staff.

Yes its a pain in the butt, but it works, you can do the same thing minus using Ched, use any committee member posting in the forums and click on the profile and it will list the members.

Believe it or not, I got the staff page at least on the plane, I was so happy we got that I did not want to sound like a needy person so I left it as that.


Gambling on your laptop has been suggested for years, I personally think its a great idea. Just don't see it a top priority atm.
Ominos [1962593]

Hahaha, well I didn't know that :P

I agree though that gambling isn't a priority, and I'm sure most people would say that the flying section is at the bottom of the list when it comes to development time. I just wish there was something I could do other than go on the forums when I'm flying, since I check torn compulsively every few hours :P

I guess what I'm saying is that it would be nice if the "cost" part went down a little bit. I'm still new to the game and flying, but it seems that the cost of flying only impacts new players who don't have the WLT benefit or a PI with an airstrip. Also, I feel that there's probably a lot of older players who just get plushie/flower runners, or they buy it off the market, which means that most of the work falls to the newer players.

So yeah, it would be nice if newer players weren't locked out of the game just so they can make enough money to make more money down the line :P
JussiJernkuuk [1874922]

Customs inspection when you arrive overseas or return to Torn, with a random chance of losing all your travel items and/or being jailed. Overseas jails. In-flight chess.
Nine [1463956]

the ability to buy fighter planes and hunt down other planes and shoot them from the sky, reducing you max happy by 1000 and forcing you to re buy a plane
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

We've been beta testing this for a few months, a spoiler of the new animated flying feature and sound effects is on my profile.