just wondering what rules do spy's have to follow with info the get?
spying rules
Started by Blackbelt0610 [521787] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 13
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 7
- Likes on archived posts
- 6
- Authority score
- 44 / 100
- Historical score
- 19 / 100
- Story score
- 32 / 100
- Engagement score
- 57 / 100
Most-liked replies
- FitzChevalerie [1946057]
· 4 likes ·
Doesn't hank's leveling guide got a list with people's id + stats ?
just wondering what rules do spy's have to follow with info the get?
If you get it from spying, you can do anything you want. Like sell it. (I recommend making a spreadsheet and keep spying until you have full info, then sell it. Or create a small database, or something)
thanks hoping for a staff member to confirm it though
there is a rule against posting a player's name/id and their stats in the forum. but you can share your finds via email.
Doesn't hank's leveling guide got a list with people's id + stats ?
thanks
yeah :D
Well, I was going to say that the intention of Hank's guide is to help players build their stats, and the rule is intended to prevent the malicious targeting of a player. I have seen posts pulled for listing players as "easy targets". However, here is the link to forum rules, and I do not see any reference to posting player stats:
http://www.torn.com/wiki/Forums
So if there is a rule against it, the I guess we're going to need a staff member or Players Committee member to clarify.
The rule against flaming can probably be applied if needed. By the way, it's kind of funny that the forum rules are in the wiki, as the wiki is supposed to be user generated and anyone can probably edit it. I don't mind it though, I don't believe it makes sense to put too much effort into writing complicated rules.
Some wiki pages are locked. Not sure if this is one of them.
still nothing from staff hopefully one with tell us soon
You can do anything you want with info obtained from spying.
Posting a players name/id in the forums is somewhat frowned upon altho im pretty sure it's not against the rules as long as it's not flaming that player. This could be a fine line or grey area if you will. Just steer clear of calling anyone out in the forums and you should be fine.
thanks Jackson