Does anyone else think the marriage situation in this city is conspicuously and inexcusably heteronormative??
Equal Love in Torn
Started by Santora [1984082] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 29 / 29 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 29
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 59 / 100
- Historical score
- 34 / 100
- Story score
- 56 / 100
- Engagement score
- 65 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
Does anyone else think the marriage situation in this city is conspicuously and inexcusably heteronormative??
nice b8 m8
You can already marry same sex player :^)
When making a thread, a little research goes a long way... [:sick:]
Good point. I think we should take away same sex marriage and call it room mates.
The lady does protest to much... [:sick:]
We should make same sex divorce illegal, then see how bad they want it !
jk of course. :)
I think these survey results speak to the hostility that the equal marriage movement in Torn still faces. I'm currently studying toward a Bachelor of Law here to help fight for equal protection.
There is equality protection in the game rules already. An homophobic, sexist, racist or personal attacks are not allowed and will result in a player ban...
I think you are just trying to make something out of something that doesn't exist for some bizarre reason... [:sick:]
Since its allowed in the real world (at some places ofc) why not in torn?
In Torn, you can marry anyone you want, so long as they agree. Your sex, and your mates sex, doesn't change anything.
And you can easily change sex to whatever you choose.
What more do you want?
It sounds like you're crying about how you're being oppressed, but have exactly zero examples of that oppression to show.
Just because people don't agree in same sex marriage doesn't mean they are doing anything wrong.
Some of us have religious, biological, and moral objections to it.
Regardless of this, what you say you want is already in place lol. People just want to fight for fighting sake
Who cares? Just make sure to play this song during the wedding night! [:laughing:]
For the record I inadvertently +r this when I was just scrolling.
In retrospect I would rate it a big fat negative purely on the nonsensical way OP tries to infer sterotypes on pixels.
not sure wtf heteronormative means...smh
What a stupid thread.
This poll is a fine example of nithavingafrigginclue.
Thanks, a new song for me to harass the faction chat with!!
In 5-years of being on this game, I have never really seen anyone care about what the sex is when marrying another player (Maybe a few jokes?). Makes me wonder what has made the Original Poster bring this up. Unless a lot more immature players have signed-up since I started?
Thank you, we have placed your bounty.