Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Drug crimes

Started by Wolverine [1971836] on in General Discussion.

30 replies · 336 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 31 / 31 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
31
Discussion span
→
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
55 / 100
Engagement score
65 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Wolverine [1971836]
have you tried both selling and transport cocaine?

boogie and nash suggest transport cocaine because has the lowest chance to jail.

but some say that selling cocaine has an higher chance to jail but gives more crime experience.


I think I'll follow my friend valentimo_rossi example : reaching 35 nnb with arson and then doing drug crimes.

I have 5/10 crime merits, maxed faction enormity and I'm working on the bachelor in psychology.
Scootaloo [1590427]

Just get drug crimes over and done with at your low nerve bar, you'll never drop below 30 while doing them.

I did transport cocaine, it only took a couple of months to get to 5k done.
RonBurgundy [71545]

Drug crime fail rates are over-hyped. I'm only nudging 400 drug crimes, they've all been option 6 and I've had very few red results. Plenty of grey's but that's it.

You want some real consistent red results, do some 13 nerve crimes. Those things are a bastard.
Wolverine [1971836]

the fail rate is not high. there are "some" fails that will prevent my nerve bar from growing past 30 (or 35), but I'll get them (10k) easily done before the end of this year.

by the way I'm still not sure if I should do transport or sell cocaine.
Chigurh [1765291]

The most stupid thing to do is to try and repair the damage with arsons in between. Just do the drug crimes, then never go back. Rebuild your nerve bar fast AFTER you are completely done with drug crimes.
Robbo [1826175]

Dont bother mixing in any other crimes. I started on a 35 nnb and did nothing but drug crimes and am still on 35 nnb 5k ish in and counting.
PatBenatar [420347]

It has been so long since I even attempted one, I cant look atm, but I think I may have 50? I wish I had done them before maxing out my NB.
Wolverine [1971836]

let's say that 4 daily arsons will prevent the 35 nnb from dropping to 30 while doing drug crimes all day.

are you suggesting me that I should do only drug crimes and let my nnb stay at 30?

your response will let me start doing drug crimes immediately now (that I have 30 nnb) rather then in 3 weeks when my nnb will reach 35 by doing a few hundred arsons.
Wolverine [1971836]

what bonuses do you have? and what drug crime have you done?

valentino_rossi told me that he lost his 35nnb by doing only drug crimes: he has 10/10 crime merits, no bachelor in psychology and no federal judge.
_Cynic_ [206537]

Yes that is what he is saying.
Do it now and your nerve bar will not fall below 30. Once you have completed, you can then rebuild it by taking arsons upto 10K


Chigurh [1765291]

Yes, that is what I suggest. The reason is that the "ce equilibrium" for drug crimes is around 30 NNB; it won't go below. If you try to r stay at 35 NNB, you will use weeks and weeks of repairing to no avail (other than getting some arson merits, which you will get later on anyway). You will waste a lot of time destroying/repairing the bar if you're alternating drugs with anyother crime. Do how many you've planned to do, then never look back. I stopped at 1000, and will never ever destroy my nerve bar doing another drug crime (1 jailing will currently set me back about 4 weeks).
JussiJernkuuk [1874922]

I never tried the selling crimes, but the 3 transport drugs crimes all seemed equally shitty. I really don't think it matters much which one you do.
Althea [1886602]

Tracked results up to 1000 Drug crimes....all transport cocaine. I'm spamming jackets right now only b/c I am not too far from 10k total and 5k thefts and a rank increase. Then back to Drugs for Escobar! Nerve bar stayed, and is still at 35.

250 total 45B-12R <--added 2 merits after 250
500 total 39B-7R
750 total 40B-6R
1000 total 32B-7R

Merits +15%
Enhancer
Robbo [1826175]

5/10 merits
bachlor and federal judge
crime enhancer
transport cocaine

Experienced completely random fails, can boost my nerve and use job points and succeed 15 or 20 in a row. suggesting you need to add in other crimes to increase success rate is a myth. Before I started the only jailings I had were from failed busts.
Wolverine [1971836]

nice, I'm hearing a lot of players who are able to keep their 35 nnb while doing only drug crimes.

the importance of keeping a 35 nnb is being able to travel in Argentina and switzerland and not wasting any nerve points (35 nnb +10 merits +5 faction = 50). with 30 nnb I would be stuck in a pub if i don't want to waste nerve points while traveling.
Ketone [1836734]

Im chilling with my 10k drug crimes over and done with *sniffs cocaine*

Btw it takes a full year of just doing drug crimes only of about 35-45 drug crimes a day to get the 10k
Penicillin [1517799] Committee Committee

Personally, I skipped the drug crimes. They kill your NB and will likely be easier when Crimes 2.0 comes out. Just wait.
SourRon [852964]

I think there is a lot of wasted time in letting the nerve bar drop to 35 and then repairing it later in comparison to doing a mixture of crimes.

If you consider the drug deal merits in isolation, then completing 10k drug deals will take longer in days to complete on the mixed crime route compared to doing nothing but drug deals, but once that is done then more days will be spent on getting other crimes done from a lower nnb than a higher nnb.

For those chasing merits from other crimes in addition to drug deal merits then, in my view, the mixed crime route is preferable. Drug deals done in mixture with other crimes to offset the red results from drug deals will allow a higher nerve bar to be preserved for longer, and more merits from a wider variety of crimes will be gained more quickly than going down the route of letting the nerve bar drop and then repairing it later.

I don't have detailed data to support my view but I have experience of both routes. My first 5000 drug crimes were done by not mixing crimes and then I spent a lot of time getting from 30 to 45nnb - the maximum at that time. I eventually restarted doing drug deals from 5000 to get to 10000 but decided to try and preserve my 45nnb as long as possible so I did a mixture of drug deals and busts. While doing that I did about 3700 drug deals before my nnb dropped to 40 so I stopped doing drug deals and it did not take long to get back to 45. Around that time the maximum nnb went up to 60 so I decided to concentrate on raising nnb instead.

Currently have 50nnb (hopefully not far from 55nnb) and my drug deal count is at 8800 - so another 1200 to do. I don't expect to resume drug deals until after Crimes 2.0 is implemented but when I do go back to them, I expect I will get the remaining 1200 in less days with higher nnb than it would take with a lower nnb.

A bigger nnb allows more time to be spent travelling without missing out on generated nerve because of it hitting maximum, allows more crimes to be done per day, and if using a daily points nerve bar refill is even more advantageous, and ultimately will allow all crimes to be completed more quickly over the long term. The only advantage I see in not mixing crimes while doing drug deals is that it is simpler and requires less thinking than the mixed crime route.