Loading symbol (have to refresh to see content)
Started by Nicklfire [46945] on in Bugs & Issues.
Posts archived: 83 / 83 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Still happening to me. but only in crimes. I can click arson, click warehouse and that's when I keep getting the lagging bubbles.
Firefox, Win 7 Pro SP1. Currently on App3, not sure which app when it happened last time.
I am still getting bubbles on a regular basis in crimes. I went to the theft crimes clicked to do the box of chocolates, done 2 crimes and was stopped by the infinite bubbles.
Just happened again while taking my second blood bag.
Just happened again on app 3 on my 3rd warehouse try.
yea happening to me today still, does not give me a error just simply displays the loading symbol
I was able to reproduce this bug in Crimes using Firefox, really strange one.
Operates fine in Chrome, can also work in Firefox if you are not in a big rush and make little delays between clicks.
Because I checked and double checked everything, and because new Firefox was released a few days ago and because I wasn't able to reproduce in Chrome I assume that it's a FF bug.
Will check again tomorrow.
If you post here, please tell us about your browser (if you haven't already)
Thank you.
I just tried the same actions on Internet Explorer with no problems. The bubbles do seem to be an issue with Firefox.
Correction. As Nicklefire (46945) said. It does happen in Internet Explorer because it just happened as I was doing crimes. So for me it happens in both IE and Firefox.
AS one of my first replied indicated i had tried it with interenet explorer and it does happen with internet explorer, just not as often
Agreed Nicklefire.
bump?
No need to bump bug reports - toshykazu is looking in to this.
This is VERY annoying. Please fix this ASAP.
Lately this has happened alot more then when i first reported it, i could do 4 clicks in a row and they are all the loading screen, if it helps i could allow programmer to remote into my pc so he can see it if it helps
The weirdest thing I've seen in years.
It does indeed happens with IE as well, but it is not as often as in FF.
And as I assumed it only relates to latest FF version, I tried to downgrade to v.45 and it has no flaws.
I would jut give up on this and wait for next FF release if it 1) wouldn't affect so many people 2) include IE
So we'll be digging this further, but for now the "workaround" is to delay your next click, or just stick with chrome for a while.
Thanks for looking into it toshy...
Reading what you just wrote the only thing i have to say is that if this is something affecting both firefox AND IE it could very well be something to do with torn... I could understand if it was ONLY firefox... and downgrading fixed the issue.. and to delay upgrading again... but in fact it's 2 seperate browsers exhibiting the exact same issue.. just happens more regularly with firefox.?
If this is any help...
I have noticed something new when clicking links. The background blinks black while all the text cells(?) remain.
btw, tried https and looks like it's ok there.
I'd need some feedback on this, could please log to https://torn.com instead of http://torn.com
Thank you.
UPDATE: Ignore it
Happening to me as well
at home on imac, using firefox also tried safari. same thing
at work on PC, windows 7 using firefox
I'd love to hear some feedback. Most likely crimes are OK now.
But an universal fix is not possible, so please list all the pages where you see bubbles.
Thank you all!
Its happening to me more often on the Forums now.
I use Firefox as well.