Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Dogs

Started by F34R [31252] on in Questions & Answers.

18 replies · 277 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
19
Discussion span
→
People posting
15
Likes on archived posts
18
Authority score
45 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
36 / 100
Engagement score
62 / 100
F34R [31252]

Ages back I remember you could own a dog and you would train them and fight them. It was pretty fun, how come they got rid of it? Please tell me it wasn't for all the BS PC people?
flufffy [494285]

...so you can murder people, blow up buildings, kidnap people, traffic drugs, hack the FBI mainframe, but don't you dear mess with poochie and scruffles.

It is bollocks :P



Philistine [475622]

Huge waste of energy, dogs. Don't let nostalgia glasses make you forget how time-consuming they were to deal with.

And that doesn't even take into account the "issues" you have today where people manage to draw the conclusion in their minds that e-dog fighting is the same as real dog fighting and get bent out of shape about it.
David [132845]

Dogs were a great cash cow when they appear. I was able to snatch one for $500, and resell it for 1-2 mil. Wash, since, repeat...

The first dog I ever bought was a female purebred doberman, and I named it... Petunia [:grin:]
Hopslam [795412]

jeeebus! we made it a whopping ~17 days this time since the last dog thread post......

let's try for a little longer next time shall we, dongs dongs dongs

Oh, and FIRST to post 'dongs' instead of dogs in a thread/post about dogs


Also, blame Michael Vick
Also, blame Canada
Also, blame orange mocha frappucino
dunmugmeh [538353]

i want cats when you stroke him your happy goes up. in the middle of the night when he wakes you up to be fed your happy goes back down again.
Jobby [1640111]

I never new dogs...but I feel with the amount of threads that keep popping up I should be a dog breeder or something



Sathanis [286]

There were also suggestions about rooster fighting, as a complement to dog fighting. But then some brainless people started to get the idea about bringing babies into the game. I never liked the idea with dogs in the game, though.
Butters [34298]

Rubbish it was just getting way out of control with the scamming, bet fixing and moaning when owners who couldn't be arsed looking after their dogs couldn't get them back from sitters who also couldn't be arsed looking after their dogs anymore (usually because they'd died).

Dogs were in a sorry state long before the big downtime killed the rest of them off.
Deadly [1985253]

When you say big downtime are you talking about the one when torn was closed for a whole week? And 'dongs' caused this? I read it while I was travelling and I always wanted to know the cause.



Butters [34298]

No - they all just died because of the downtime.

Dogs were just causing a bit of lag before then due to the sheer number of cron jobs they were adding to the system, but the downtime itself was caused by a textbook case of a DB server dying and a subsequent RAID0 failure when trying to restore the system.