19 replies · 325 views · thread synced · 7 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
20
Discussion span
→
People posting
12
Likes on archived posts
12
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
65 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
62 / 100
Most-liked replies
mug[553318]Committee
· 4 likes · i think you mean hospitalized and not mugged. and the cause of this is because the faction you are in has 100 low level players in it. quite a target on your factions head being so weak and big -- …
Hi! I'm new-ish to this game. I played for a bit a while ago, but now I've come back. As I've become more active, I've been getting mugged more and more often. I've gotten on a few times and haven't been able to do anything because I'm being hospitalized. Is it just common for people to target low-level players? and What do you suggest to do in order to avoid being attacked?
i think you mean hospitalized and not mugged. and the cause of this is because the faction you are in has 100 low level players in it. quite a target on your factions head being so weak and big -- other factions will take advantage of it.
quit your faction and you will be safe from the hospital.
Mug I think you need to get your story straight 100 low players not even close not even 50. Just wait till the new territory war starts Mabey ChedBurn needs to weigh in on this because once the territory war starts guess what we will all be fighting for a slice of the city! Faction upgrades like steadfast will be removed you all have to earn it According to Chedburn!
In any case you should not recruit very low level players if you can't take care of them. That is offer them free meds and advice on how to manage their med cooldown and so on.
The stronger factions will gravitate to the center while weaker factions are on the outskirts. There shouldn't be a reason to fight each other unless you piss off the wrong people.
False, you strike the enemy where they are weak, as is the art of war. Although preferably you win without even fighting, that is not possible in Torn.
I'm not so sure of that. I bet there are more people who hit below their level just to keep the chain running or to avoid losses than there are people who really make an effort to find suitable targets.
You earn respect daily to get and maintain upgrades. Respect is gained by holding territory. Other factions want that territory. So begins the eternal loop of constant warring.
not false, Sun Tzu teaches to create the victory. ultimately the art of war is to win without fighting.
And the author of The Art of War did have to fight.
- Martial artist of 20+ years.
you can gain gain victory in torn without fighting pending what your objective is and your methods used not in every situation mind and the same goes for not fighting for victory in every situation.
You have 39 members and not a single one that looks like he has >30m in stats. I hate to say this but your faction will not be fighting anyone but 1 man multi banks. Anyone else would massacre you just that badly.
For the newbs in your faction I at least hope you provide good training information and resources as well as meds.
If you read my reply, you would realize I am quite familiar with the Art of War, by Sun Tzu. He was very wise for his time. It is false, however, he never once said that you should beat up people weaker than you, as is what you chose to respond to that Sun Tzu would agree to.
Yes, and you earn more respect in the center, so the stronger factions will go there to earn the most respect. Weaker factions will fan out from there.
Leave your faction you are getting virtually nothing from it except maybe friendships that will move to another faction or will leave the game and never be heard from again. Or you could just continue to be hospitilized for someone who is only using u.