Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Does happiness affect OC?

Started by HarpSeal [183595] on in Questions & Answers.

16 replies · 345 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 17 / 17 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
17
Discussion span
→
People posting
13
Likes on archived posts
13
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
67 / 100
Historical score
43 / 100
Story score
43 / 100
Engagement score
62 / 100

Most-liked replies

Chuckyboy2 [1875579]

I'm not convinced it even effects regular crimes anymore because when I OD I seem to have same success rate on kidnap the mayor. I'd like to see someone actually test the difference and show the stats but I'm too lazy to do that.
AshleyT [1432316]

It's a rumor, and I cannot confirm either way. I think that's how it is for most people. I'm interested in this too.
0day [1993635]

I have always been wondering whether or not it was a factor. I'm expecting (and hoping) you are right :)
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

David and I have always noticed better results on average when we are living in our higher end houses, when both of us have been in PIs the results have been lower

Could just be coincidence, happiness does have a result on regular crimes, but whether or not this transfers to OCs is unknown for sure.
JimmyJames [581165]

There's a cap on how high your success rate can be, so once your CE reaches a certain point none of the other modifiers work anymore. So for lower nervebars, yes happiness matters... but once you get to 40+ NB, happiness, merits, crime enhancers... these things matter not.
ReyDuvall [1526820]

I've been getting the best results ONLY when I have low happy.


On Sept 5th 2016 - Clean 300m

Over 9 months of no Clean 300m after that.

May 29th- Rehab
June 5th- Xanax OD, no rehab (and no attempt to get my happy back up, was looking at the numbers for regular crimes and training)
June 6th- Jail 300m
June 14th- Clean 300m
June 16th- Rehab

Funny part is that I think that I OD'd without rehab before the one last year, too.

Usually I rehab after an OD before the PA. But the times I don't, success?
So maybe happy does matter. But the other way around.
But probably it's just random.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

Most, if not all, crimes have a success cap from what I've seen. For some (such as stealing jackets) it appears to be at near 100%... for others (Like pawn shop) it is closer to 70%.
Timoteo32 [530518]

Right, but I was curious where you hit that. Like, I just assumed the top crimes you had to have the top nerve bar or close. Where as, lower crimes obviously you'd hit much sooner.
ReyDuvall [1526820]

How odd.
After that clean 300 I rehabbed since I'm still doing edu. Got a 100m PA :(

But then I OD'd again. Didn't rehab. Low happy. Perfect clean 300m success.

What a strange coincidence that all 3 times I've gotten a clean 300m in the last 36 PAs were the rare times I was on low happy from an OD.

You pop a few Xanax pills in to your mouth and down a glass of water. A headache is followed by nausea and vomiting. You must have overdosed! 2016/06/259:18:59 PM

You and your team successfully assassinated someone! View the details here! 2016/07/016:59:23 AM
  1. The team quickly evacuates during the mass confusion. A payment of $300,000,000 from a mysterious source is later finalized.
+ $300,000,000 made

+ 251 respect has been earned



Happy:
752/4500

Rosie [1185614]

...Very interesting Rey.... I always thought that having low happy definitely affected PA results, but in a negative way....

....Would be worth testing! ...I'll move into a low happy property before my next PA in 4 days and post the results :)
JussiJernkuuk [1874922]

Well, Ched has confirmed that happiness has an impact on crime success, but I'm not sure he ever said that higher happiness is better for crime success. I guess it's possible it is actually the other way round. :p
carp [1991903]

i know a lot of teams who do PA organised crimes that rehab etc just before organised crime finishes, maybe its superstition?
Henryk_Batuta [1563474]

From own experiance (well sort of - I mean there are 4 people involved afterall) I belive happiness does affect OC's.

My team had at least 2 - 3 fails, when I was living in shack. Once I did those PA's living in at least castle - all was good. It is almost sure, that rest of team did rehab and all, so even though I was the strongest team member, my happiness most likely ruined PA's.