Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Sniper rifles?

Started by The_Absinthe [1995570] on in Suggestions.

15 replies · 276 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
16
Discussion span
→
People posting
12
Likes on archived posts
35
Authority score
28 / 100
Historical score
37 / 100
Story score
55 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100

Most-liked replies

The_Absinthe [1995570]

So, I came here from Torn Lite, and I expected a sniper rifle.

So, what about it?

I mean, it must be a simple addition right?

I mean add it is a weapon and also a requirement for assassinations?

SO, Devs, what about it?

Upvote if you want Sniper rifles ingame.
Eagle-Eye [379736]

At first i thought maybe there could be a special Sniper Rifle to act as a booster for Assassination, but that already exists. "Tracking Device".
AshleyT [1432316]

A whole new weapon class around it would be nice. I mean, Torn has a distinct lack of weapons when you think about it.
Td3h [1785428]

Torn has more than 130 unique weapons divided into 11 different classes. I suggest you stop talking out of your arse.
Shafz [1722984]

still a new one around snipers would be nice, R+

but might not be simple, theres the prices and whatnot
FIDEL-CASTRO [1003091]

R+

The closest weapon to a sniper rifle we have IMO is the H&K SL8. It looks like a sniper rifle without a scope. I personally would love to see a few sniper rifles in the game, and this could become pretty interesting when weapon attachments are released.
daCampa [169777]

The stats he suggested are in line with the Golden AK, which costs 25b, so I'd say 5-10b isn't that much.

Your last sentence says it all, if they do add a sniper, it'll be better if it has some variety.
AshleyT [1432316]

130 weapons is not a lot. Thousands of weapons exist, and this game's arsenal has not expanded for years.

Especially when you consider only, say, the top 20-30 are actually usable as they are the best.

And that's not even considering variations of guns we already have in Torn being non-existent.

Edit: I counted them on the market, 33 Primaries on sale, I'll assume 35 due to the rare but buy able ones. Only 7 of the 33 were competitive weapons in terms of total stats.
1991387 [1991387]

I would go with that , maybe up to 60mil , + When the thing about editing weapons comes , they can do upgrades for up tp 1bil worth to make it better :) just an idea
AshleyT [1432316]

Pretty sure the RPG is already obsolete with it being so rare, only having a single shot, and not doing a great deal of damage for the cost.

Let's be honest, all explosive weapons in Torn have bad damage values for what they are. Especially grenades.