So, I came here from Torn Lite, and I expected a sniper rifle.
So, what about it?
I mean, it must be a simple addition right?
I mean add it is a weapon and also a requirement for assassinations?
SO, Devs, what about it?
Upvote if you want Sniper rifles ingame.
At first i thought maybe there could be a special Sniper Rifle to act as a booster for Assassination, but that already exists. "Tracking Device".
A 5-10B weapon with damage 80-85, accuracy 85-90, reload after each shot, and up to 5 rounds in a fight?
A whole new weapon class around it would be nice. I mean, Torn has a distinct lack of weapons when you think about it.
Torn has more than 130 unique weapons divided into 11 different classes. I suggest you stop talking out of your arse.
still a new one around snipers would be nice, R+
but might not be simple, theres the prices and whatnot
R+
The closest weapon to a sniper rifle we have IMO is the H&K SL8. It looks like a sniper rifle without a scope. I personally would love to see a few sniper rifles in the game, and this could become pretty interesting when weapon attachments are released.
5-10B?
Wow.
Umm, not that pricey, about 30-35 mil? Say?
We could have more than one sniper rifle.
The stats he suggested are in line with the Golden AK, which costs 25b, so I'd say 5-10b isn't that much.
Your last sentence says it all, if they do add a sniper, it'll be better if it has some variety.
130 weapons is not a lot. Thousands of weapons exist, and this game's arsenal has not expanded for years.
Especially when you consider only, say, the top 20-30 are actually usable as they are the best.
And that's not even considering variations of guns we already have in Torn being non-existent.
Edit: I counted them on the market, 33 Primaries on sale, I'll assume 35 due to the rare but buy able ones. Only 7 of the 33 were competitive weapons in terms of total stats.
I would go with that , maybe up to 60mil , + When the thing about editing weapons comes , they can do upgrades for up tp 1bil worth to make it better :) just an idea
Up to 60 mil for gold ak stats?
http://www.torn.com/wiki/Weapons_%26_Armor >130 (I include Primaries, secondaries, temporaries and melee)
While I have nothing against the idea of a sniper rifle, I dont think its possible to create proper balancing and making weapons like the RPG obsolete.
Pretty sure the RPG is already obsolete with it being so rare, only having a single shot, and not doing a great deal of damage for the cost.
Let's be honest, all explosive weapons in Torn have bad damage values for what they are. Especially grenades.
yeah more weapons.
Wait no snipers well uninstalled