User base forecast
Started by 5425435435254 [1959326] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 30 / 30 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 30
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 58 / 100
- Historical score
- 26 / 100
- Story score
- 60 / 100
- Engagement score
- 72 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- kyle8048 [488020]
· 18 likes ·
Don't worry that one guy from Myanmar is still going strong - Mat-Senpai [952164]
· 9 likes ·
I don't really see what you're getting at, the graph shows the player base has been dropping for a while now (i remember kyle8048 was fedded for saying this to ched) - the added bit was more of a joke … - JussiJernkuuk [1874922]
· 9 likes ·
I'm not so sure the English only rule limits the market a lot. I'm not a native English speaker but I like that rule, as I used to play a game where a lot of real life shit was a …
Mentioned in this thread
Leboem [1073290] ×1
Can I pull figures out my butt as well? [:sick:]
I don't really see what you're getting at, the graph shows the player base has been dropping for a while now (i remember kyle8048 was fedded for saying this to ched) - the added bit was more of a joke but.. sadly accurate
I don't really blame torn for the number drops though, the game was great because playing games online weren't so easy for many people, the internet didn't have "high speeds" for everyone and the amount of games online were limited. Torn is still the number text based RPG but... people simply aren't into playing text based RPGs as much as they were in lets say 2009.
It also doesn't help being 100% english (with rules like must use english in public forums/chat) and the game being only in english, it limits the market of who they can attract.
But OP yes it's dropping, no it's not the end but more a result of web technologies.
If those projections are accurate then it looks like you're cooked - out of the frying pan and into the fryer...
Yeah alot of people in Syria have problems logging in now.
I'm not so sure the English only rule limits the market a lot. I'm not a native English speaker but I like that rule, as I used to play a game where a lot of real life shit was a big part of in game conflicts. Greeks vs. Macedonians, Hungarians vs. Romanians and so on, I'm really glad that kind of crap has not found it's way to Torn.
Also its looking pretty stable since mid 2014 now.. what is a pretty good sign, specialy since broswer games got realy flooded since 2014 and the new updates in torn had been mostly high promises back than.
If they could get this on the apple and android app platforms I reckon it would pick up in a big way. Lots of people play things like candy crush. This could easily get a larger player base through better distribution. I found this game while looking for a game that I could pick up and put down at my convenience - this was maybe the 10th one I looked at. If it had been on the App Store I would have found it much quicker.
also remember that the chaff blows away first. This game has a dedicated core player base. The projection is ultra pessimistic.
I dunno, if Putin could just take 40 blocks in Sector 1 on Torn, maybe he wouldn't be playing Crimea: Total War?
It's more that you do speak english, because you speak english you can use torn very easily - the problem isn't exactly a fault of torn, just more a point it is a problem for those non-english speaking users would face.
Yes, that's definitely true. On the other hand, I still think that allowing and promoting other languages could make the game less appealing to many people.
HT made it work, though.
I'm not at all against factions or other groups based on nationality or language, on the contrary. I was mainly thinking about the user interface, the forums, profiles and so on.
It's the reason why I did quit Barafranca. To many servers with all their own native language. It's 20 seperate games with all in their own language instead of 1 big game where everything is mixed.
I also find the other option annoying when you can chance the language in your own language. You'll see people trying to sell piwo in trade chat instead of beer. (piwo is polish for beer).
Text based games (i've always been into them) have helped me a lot to the level of English I speak now and I'm glad it did. Rather than bitching about a game not being in your native language, you could also see it as an opportunity to learn a different language.
All the different language versions plus a second (with faster levelling) English version. [:sick:]
Did someone actually get fedded for saying that to Ched?
lol
Don't worry that one guy from Myanmar is still going strong
careful you rebel before you're fedded again ;)
I don't usually laugh at threads, but some comments in here just gave me a little laugh.
A little???? Geesh ... what does it take to really set you off ....
Anyways @OP ..... it's all potato / potato but could you give a more specific date, I still need to plan a vacation :)