Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

'Hidden' rank triggers

Started by Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor on in Tutorials & Guides.

913 replies · 41.3k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 914 / 914 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Wolverine [1971836]

is there a chance that people get level ranks even if they level hold?

for example a friend of mine is level 20, but her true level it could be easily greater than 31 (that could be 2 more ranks).

to confirm this, I need a player who level holds immediately before leveling to a level that gives a rank.
If he gets a rank even if he level held, then I'm right and the players still get ranks even if they level hold.

I examined her and this is what could justify her highly distinguished rank:

beginner - level 2
inexperienced - level 6
rookie - level 11
novice - level 26
below average - level 31
average - crimes 100
reasonable - crimes 5,000
above average - crimes 10,000
competent - crimes 20,000
highly competent - total battle stats 25k
veteran - total battle stats 250k
distinguished - total battle stats 2.5m
highly distinguished - networth 25m

she recently got a rank from 20,000 crimes.
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

Woah there tiger, from what I can see her networth could easily get her three triggers, immediately countering what you just said. Considering after 5b you only get one more networth trigger, so she probably has three networth triggers instead of just the one you listed. There's a reason I placed 5b on the 4th out of 5 places.

It's also pretty well known the trigger happens when you hit the level button, not when your 'true' level hits said level.

If you want to test it out, but I fear you'll be left dissapointed
Wolverine [1971836]

sadly I'm far from level 50 to test it.

however I'll soon confirm if 2.5m total battle stat is a rank trigger (I'm close to 2m total).

I got only 1 rank trigger until now, and that was when I had 25 millions networth.
I now have 891 millions networth and I never got another rank trigger from networth: I can't wait to further increase my networth :P
MAD_DOG [205610]

rank comes from doing crimes. not the crimes themselves but the AMOUNT of crimes. if you look at any high ranked player you will see that they have done a lot of the first two crimes and thats why. there might be other triggers and ways but not to my knowledge. i started experimenting after viewing a level 100. ranks started coming. ive been elite for about 20 levels. i dont think the last rank comes until level 100.
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

depends.. There's not a certain trigger for a certain rank, any trigger can trigger any rank.
ArttiIsGod [1954421] Wiki Contributor

I had 2.9 million battle stats when I gained a rank.

is there a chance that people get level ranks even if they level hold? - Wolverine [1971836]

I'm level holding. And my true level is higher than 26 which is rank trigger. I don't think true level matters here.


Mentions: Wolverine [1971836]

ColdCelery [1994522]

I think I got a rank at 200k battle stats yesterday but I also got a huge networth increase 10 days before the rank up so might have been that. If I get another rank in a few days from networth will let y'all know.
KPCSlor [1557404]

My details:

Rank 22

Level 90
Networth > 25 bil
Battle Stats > 3bil
cimes > 50k

So I'm not level 100 and still missing something in between. (24 is the top right?)
JussiJernkuuk [1874922]

200m to 250m battle stats is pretty much confirmed now. Could be 200m if you have capped all stats, or 250m total, something like that.
ArttiIsGod [1954421] Wiki Contributor

I guess I didn't express myself properly, head seems thick. I wanted to say true level doesn't trigger ranks from my experience. :)