145 replies · 2.74k views · thread synced · 8 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:146 / 146 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
146
Discussion span
→
Authority score
54 / 100
Historical score
29 / 100
Story score
66 / 100
Engagement score
83 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
Mauk[1494436]
· 18 likes · I think they should just allow scripts for everybody if they are not punishing those using them. Coincidentally (or not?), both MM and Ninjas have developers who made elimination scripts (that I know of): Harpush and L4.
Bullzeye[922212]
· 17 likes · most likely these scripts r causeing the TC lag
Mauk[1494436]
· 9 likes · Let's test that theory, shall we? Elimination scripts: Harpush's: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/23140-extended-team-page L4's: http://pastebin.com/raw/BZ95irbK
So, word is that certain teams in the competition are using scripts to give them an advantage over all the other teams.
I thought the competition was about effort, strategy, and access to in game resources. If the competition is going to be won and lost by having scripts to automagically generate lists of viable targets (at the very least, perhaps it even automates attacks - who knows?), then why have this kind of competition? Why don't we just have a script writing competition and be done with it? It would save the rest of us a lot of time.
I hear MM are using scripts along with Ninjas in the making of them, not sure of the legitimacy of these rumours but hey, if there's a lot of people claiming this is true, then surely something must be going on, right?
Meh whatever, maybe next year a few things will be different in the comp :) I had my fun, I shall hope the majority of others did also!
I mean you can't exactly be surprised. If there is ever an opportunity to cheat, someone will do it. That's just a straight up fact. Expecting everyone to be play fair is just naive.
Yeah, mountain men has a script. It's nice, but not a huge game changer. I doubt it's against the rules, there's no rule that every script must be available for everyone. And I bet it has leaked out anyway.
There are those who know how to use computers to their advantage, and those who don't. I personally don't know how to use scripts and play 99% mobile Torn so anyone using a laptop has a speed advantage over my play style.
If a script basically just shows what the game is showing but filters out hosped/travellers then it's not gonna turn the tide. Eyes can do that. Anyone can line up tabs and bookmark enemies with a little bit of clicking about, I suppose smart ones get the computer to do it for them with a script.
I am in MM and there is no auto-attacking. Just a bunch of energy and good leadership.
If it's legal, why did they remove links to a script posted to the forums?
The golden rule of scripts is that they shouldn't give you direct advantage over other players. These go after the main goal of the competition: elimination.
Script writing is such an intergral part of the game that it would be harder to believe that no one was writing them. If I had the ability to write them, I most certainly would have written one for Pirates. Whether it's unfair or not to have them in competition is up to staff to decide though if staff were to deem it cheating and disqualify the teams alledgedly using them, it'd put a major pall over the competition.
Haven't heard of any auto-clicking features, just a feature that allows you to sort the enemy teams by players who are online/not in the hospital and by level.
With that, you wouldn't need auto clicking. Just run down the list lol
Plus, nothing has been done about it now so Staff has condoned it by not acting on it. So it *must* be legal then.