Anyone sick of windows? Been looking to install something on an old second lappy...I was thinking Mint? But its a pretty big download. Ubunto seems to have issues these days...any recommendations?
I ended up going for Mint on one and Lubunto on the really old one...Mint is working well, but I need to manually install the bootloader for Lubunto, grub was missing, dunno why
I use Ubuntu Gnome, and I love it! it's different but simple and fast.
Ubuntu is based on Debian and most applications that have Linux support have support for Ubuntu while other distros should just work but no official support for it
Another vote for Ubuntu. I actually moved my work laptop over to Ubuntu, and VM'd W10 for Administrative stuff (windows only programs, clutter, can join Domains, other hacky stuff).
I made up a multiboot USB install stick in the end and put a 32bit version of mint on the old lappy....old is..hmm, 12 years? ...seems to be working ok