81 replies · 1.98k views · thread synced · 5 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:82 / 82 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
82
Discussion span
→
Authority score
61 / 100
Historical score
44 / 100
Story score
66 / 100
Engagement score
79 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
Myhedin[1348461]
· 22 likes · Damn... f**king newbs... Tip for next time who impersonated me, they should say to the person they're trying to scam "Give me your f**king money, or I'll send you my nudes" I'm sure if they're wise, they'll choose the first …
Sweeney_Todd[27468]
· 16 likes · Some people just don't think... Luckily for me I got some great advice from this Prince who needed my bank details so he could transfer me his money for safe keeping... [:sick:]
bogie[148747]Admin
· 8 likes · It's surprisingly effective, I'm amazed this guy is still going, had him pulling the same scams the whole time I spent as a secretary too (assuming is the same guy, looks like it), the amount of people we had to …
Not quite sure how people fall for stuff like this, since the moment he mentioned changing my Email it became obvious, but anyway... I am not going to lie I did think this was Myhedin for a bit, but as soon as I realized it wasn't I just started trying to waste his time for as long as possible. It's quite a funny read... Enjoy!
It's surprisingly effective, I'm amazed this guy is still going, had him pulling the same scams the whole time I spent as a secretary too (assuming is the same guy, looks like it), the amount of people we had to verify over the years from this guy's antics is a bit disappointing really. I don't know why there isn't a warning on the email settings page, I'm sure this is something that was asked for for years...
Before I had this name, it belonged to another person on Torn - who quit a while ago. One day of hanging out on IRC (as this name) a random person starts a PM with me, asking me how I was doing after all this time and if I could send him/her a couple of billion. Didn't recognize the name and searched it on Torn, turned out the scammer searched for the name and thought he could get some money for pretending to the wrong spouse - GG.
But noone has dared to ask to change email yet, wonder how long this has been going on
Well he had me going for a little bit until he asked me to change the email, but to be honest it was pretty easy since I fed him most of the information, such as having a loan from Myhedin.
I've had one try to chat me and tell me my leader wanted me on IRC a couple weeks ago. I knew right off the bat it was a scam and called him out as I was warned about it and my first month or so in the game and HYF doesn't use IRC to communicate.