Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Hmmmm....

Started by TheRealToxicity [1925338] on in Graveyard.

31 replies · 447 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 32 / 32 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
32
Discussion span
→
Authority score
36 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
59 / 100
Engagement score
68 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

TheRealToxicity [1925338]

"Hate speech and direct or indirect derogatory words / slurs regarding ethnic origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or misogyny."

Does this mean that misogyny is against the rules but misandry is not?

Discuss.



Edit: This is a quote taken from one of the new rules.
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

I'm not really here to adres the fact that Misandry wasn't mentioned and misogyny was, as I think it's clear what was meant.

The fact I had to google what misogyny was, though, as a (what I like to think atleast) fairly fluent english speaker(not native though), would be a better reason to perhaps just write gender discrimination / sexism instead of misogyny.

I know the 'official' language in Torn is English, but perhaps it would be best to keep what are supposed to be simple pages simple, and not use words half the population probably won't understand...
Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor

Pretty pathetic attempt to stir up angry 'omg im sooooooo antifeminzaiiiiii1!!!!'

Also Harley is a nub misogyny is a fairly common word.
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor
vysdel2 liked your post
Hmmmm....

developer agrees >.>

As a native speaker perhaps it's common, our news sites are not in english, and this isn't really a subject in schools either, so it's not as straight forward to know words like these.

Mentions: Hmmmm....

Viktornian [2003412]

Must have missed the keyboard warriors violently typing their outrage of injustice over Tumblr and every social media site ever.
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

You are a native English speaker, I'm not, English is only my 4th language.. So you're not really providing a strong argument against my post. You're only confirming it if anything[:tongue:]



Anyway, I'm not too fussed about it, I don't mind learning new words... I just wanted to point it out as there are a lot of people who are not as fluent in English...
jump792 [1967039]

Yeah, sounds about right. Me and Social Media never really got along...still have that broken arm from Facebook because I added a "friend of a friend"...
JussiJernkuuk [1874922]

It's pretty simple really, women are sometimes harassed here because they are women, whereas men are not. That doesn't mean that the rules allow harassment of men because they are men.
TheRealToxicity [1925338]

If you are going to say that it is against the rules to harass women then for the sake of equality you must also say it is against the rules to harass men.

In other words, if youre going to say one is bad you must then say the other is bad. Basically, just say "sexism is bad".

I'm pro equality but also anti feminist because nowadays, feminism means something very different than it did before. Saying that may even be considered hate speech, but its my opinion and the opinion of most women. Just ask the statistics.

My point is, misogyny is completely overused by the new age feminists, which ends up turning them into misandrists. Seeing it here in torn makes me think that torn is going to comply with the feminists and kill free speech. Which is scary.

Facts over feelings.
McDallas [14757]

Y'all are straying from the point. What's being discussed here?

a) the wording should include men

b) feminists suck why even have a word for the harrassment of women

c) men are being harassed sexually here and something needs to be done

d) this is just another thread and topic for us all to live out our inner dickwads

e) let's have all men tell the world how misogyny is completely oversued because y'all know so much about what happens to women on the daily.

f) men are terribly abused and need protection in torn and rl
TheRealToxicity [1925338]

Lmao when they change the meaning of the word "misogyny" in the dictionary to mean both then please, let me know.

Keep misogyny there, if it will make you happy. Does equality make you happy? Then add in the other word too. Otherwise you look like a sexist xD
McDallas [14757]

Are you calling Ched sexist? Now you wash that mouth of yours with soap child, we don't need that kind of talk around here!



On a serious note...is this a cry for help? Is someone here trying to touch your weenie? Tell us who's been sending you dick pics? We're here to help, you can trust us.
AshleyT [1432316]

The thing is I didn't even know the other word he mentioned even existed before this thread, I just assumed the one for females, was the one for all behavior of that type. But like Modern Feminists, this just seems like they are making a problem out of nothing, to word both, would be a formality.

I meant no offense to anyone with my comment. And I apologize for any caused.