I cannot figure this out, HELP please!
My thread (link below) has recently been giving me error messages that my post has surpassed the maximum number of characters. Prior to 3 or 4 days ago, I never had this issue, and certainly had WAY more characters in the thread than it has now. I recently cut the thread basically in half to get it under 60000 just to post the changes I had made. Did something change with the formatting or with how the formatting affects the number of characters? I should be no where near 60000 characters (at least I don't think I should be near it..... no way I am physically going to count...... :P )
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#!p=threads&f=46&t=15979641&b=0&a=0
With a recent edit, I received this message --
You can only post a maximum of 60000 characters. Your post is currently 60152 characters.
I then deleted a few things and only reduced words/spacing/etc in the thread, however, somehow my number of characters in the thread increased and I got this message after my next edit attempt
You can only post a maximum of 60000 characters. Your post is currently 60585 characters.
Also, prior to my last edit when I was "over 60000" I had copy/pasted my thread into MS word, and did a word count.
pages 6
words 1,382
characters (no spaces) 5,566
characters (with spaces) 6,900
Next, I did the same thing, by going from the edit post screen, and click source code, to bring in all the links and formatting stuff and did the word count thing again in MS word
pages 14
words 2,709
characters (no spaces) 37,939
characters (with spaces) 40,555
I understand MS word may not be a good detector on how many characters are in the forum post per Torn's count. But can anyone take a look and give me some insight on how my OP post is even anywhere near that limit?